Beginners and Beyond

TuesDay the 16th (Read 27 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 1 hour on my new trainer.  It was boring as hell, but my feet didn't get cold, and the rain and fog didn't matter.  Just a few more months until spring.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  2500 yard swim done.  My swimming has been pretty lousy the last few weeks, which I blame on not swimming much.  It did not take long to lose swim fitness.  I need to get back to 4-5 times a week.  Run later.

I did 1 hour on my new trainer.  It was boring as hell, but my feet didn't get cold, and the rain and fog didn't matter.  Just a few more months until spring.

Indeed, it's back to trainer season for me with the sunset getting earlier.  The trainer is a little more tolerable if you do workouts on it and don't just spin your wheels for an hour, kind of like doing track workouts.

<3

Cyberic

3rd day in a row of running (run commute day). I might do some strides at the end of my run back home (if I think about it).

I don't know how much energy being on antibiotics takes out of you, or what kind of toll it has on your body, but I hope the down effects (if there are any) will exit my body fast as I'll take my last pill Friday at lunch (IIRC).

I don't know if it's taper madness or the antibiotics, but I don't feel top shape at all, breath-wise.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, depends on which antibiotic. I didn't notice any side effects from doxycycline this summer. By contrast, I was on cipro a few years ago and it knocked me out. Are you taking any probiotics?

Baboon

delicate flower

Man, I can't wait to run this evening.  50's, dry, and sunny.

<3

Cyberic

Cyberic, depends on which antibiotic. I didn't notice any side effects from doxycycline this summer. By contrast, I was on cipro a few years ago and it knocked me out. Are you taking any probiotics?

It says APO AMOXI CLAV on the bottle.

I eat yogourt with probiotics daily, since I've started the antibiotics. Don't know if that is enough...

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

...I was on cipro a few years ago and it knocked me out. .

If at all possible it's best to avoid Cipro and related antibiotics. One of the potential side effects is making tendons more susceptible to rupture.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If at all possible it's best to avoid Cipro and related antibiotics. One of the potential side effects is making tendons more susceptible to rupture.

And tendon rupture can occur even years after taking the Cipro family of antibiotics.  There is an FDA advisory against all Cipro family of antibiotics (and they are many) and tendon rupture, so not recommended for athletes.

Cy, if Amox means Amoxicillin and Clavamox (and it looks like it does), it is not of the Cipro family, but of the penicillin family and you should be good.  That's what I was on for the root canal.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 7 miles tonight.  Spent most of the early evening last night with our executive office in DC trying to get an objection filed late last night for a hearing tomorrow.  Of course, it caused quite a ruckus in my giant case because we are basically objecting to an attorney firm being hired by the committee of creditors due to improper solicitation.  We don't file those every day!

Damaris

Cyberic

Cy, if Amox means Amoxicillin and Clavamox (and it looks like it does), it is not of the Cipro family, but of the penicillin family and you should be good.  That's what I was on for the root canal.

Makes sense that I'd have the same antibiotics you had for a root canal. Thanks.

KCRuns

Good morning!  No one showed up last night for the chilly run, so it was an USRD.  Today is a SRD because of work stuff.  Oh, well.

DavePNW

Dave

sdWhiskers

6 easy miles and it was probably the longest that I've procrastinated in bed. I laid there an extra 20 min or so which meant I was scrambling to get to work. It's fire season here which means windy, hot (>80F) and feels like 5% humidity. My mouth was dry after 5 min, skin on my hands is cracking and my hair is constantly flying around like I just pulled on a sweater.

For my fellow >4 hour marathoners, how often do you take fuel during the race/long runs? I don't do Gu (gross) but the Clif Shot Bloks and I've been experimenting with how often. Just curious to hear from others.

From the Internet.

9 miles easy with a casual 7:47 as my last mile. Nbd. READY TO RACE. And now definitely hungry for a big marathon PR next spring too!

KCRuns

For my fellow >4 hour marathoners, how often do you take fuel during the race/long runs? I don't do Gu (gross) but the Clif Shot Bloks and I've been experimenting with how often. Just curious to hear from others.

I do about every 6 miles, give or take a little depending on where the water stops are located.  I also take salt tabs (SaltStick) when needed (especially if it's hot), but never at the same time as fuel.  I also take Batelin (beet root, AltRed) every 2 hours if I'm running more than 16 miles or racing.  It's supposed to help deliver more oxygen to your muscles and aid in recovery.  i don't know if it really works, but I like to think it helps.  I take beet root every day anyway, this is just a higher quality version that I can't afford for daily use.