Beginners and Beyond

Miserable Monday (Read 43 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

That was ROUGH.  The splits make it look like Heartbreak Hill chewed me up and spit me out, but it was more like, congratulations, hill’s done!  Here’s a sustained 30 MPH headwind to take you the last five miles.  And once I realized I wouldn’t PR, I decided I’d be more mad if I missed by a few seconds so I didn’t bother trying to pick up the pace.

As for walking after... yeah.  Probably not a good sign when a medic offers you a wheelchair!  I may never be warm again.

All things considered, I'd say your performance was more impressive than a PR in "normal" conditions.  Great job!  At least your fingers still work.   Rest up!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

Every single person I was tracking had a big slowdown there. Running so close to your PR in that is pretty damn good.

I’m curious if the people in the first two waves showed a slowdown in the same spot — the wind was supposed to get worse as the day went on (so the slower people get more of it, wheeee).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I hope you took it!

Incredible performance in those conditions.

I figured she wasn’t going to wheel me home, so I didn’t   Thanks!  I know I probably would have PRed in less crappy conditions, so I can’t be UPSET with my time, but it’s still a little annoying.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

All things considered, I'd say your performance was more impressive than a PR in "normal" conditions.  Great job!  At least your fingers still work.   Rest up!

Because I wore rubber gloves!  (Why?  The gloves underneath got wet anyway.  Everything was soaked everywhere.)

chasing the impossible

KCRuns

I’m curious if the people in the first two waves showed a slowdown in the same spot — the wind was supposed to get worse as the day went on (so the slower people get more of it, wheeee).

I was tracking several friends today (various waves) and they all slowed down in that spot.

RunningOnSand

My coach ran it, and he was in wave 1. He slowed down 3 min/mile in that spot! And ditto onemile--every single person I was tracking slowed down in that spot fairly significantly. So a huge congrats. You ran one hell of a race!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran my 4 outside in 48F and windy, but it was sunny and so awesome.

Bluerun, you should have taken the wheelchair offer!

Damaris

DavePNW

Everything was soaked everywhere.

Chafe report?

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congratulations Bluerun, Ginny, Jay and anyone else! It sounded awful out there, hopefully you have gotten a nice hot shower or bath.

bluerun

Super B****

Chafe report?

NO CHAFING!!

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun, you should have taken the wheelchair offer!

But I didn’t want to go to the med tent, I wanted to get into dry clothes and go home!!

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

NO CHAFING!!

That is a freaking victory.

Dave

Hip Redux

Ha, I just commented on that on the other thread. I can't imagine racing in a nylon jacket under any conditions, just seems it would trap too much heat, even when it's that miserable out.

Oh and with that much rain, I cannot even imagine the chafing. 

one of the elite women had chafed her inner thigh so badly, I could see if from the side line.  

Hip Redux

Haven't heard too much out of her.

Mostly because it was too wet to get the damn phone out of my pocket!!  And when I did, it was still too wet to work anything on it.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Congratulations Bluerun, Ginny, Jay and anyone else! It sounded awful out there, hopefully you have gotten a nice hot shower or bath.

+1

Congrats to all.

This is the first time I've watched the finish line camera at a major marathon.  It was amazing to see the almost endless stream of runners flowing down the street and across the line.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19