Beginners and Beyond

Strange sight WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh.  I am just hungry ALL THE FUCKING TIME.  I have lunch and I'm hungry after I finish.  So hungry, I had to make me a small sandwich as a snack before my run just now. 

Maybe I am not eating enough calories during this peak week....

Damaris

LRB

Maybe I am not eating enough calories during this peak week....

Or the right kind?  I had a quesadilla today that leveled my ass for three hours!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Looks like the BAA left out 1,947 runners who ran their qualifying time by capping the field at 30,000, instead of 32,000 and taking everyone.

Oh, nice. I am one of those 1,947. Rules are rules, I guess. Sigh...

LRB

Oh, nice. I am one of those 1,947. Rules are rules, I guess. Sigh...

That's a lot of heartbroken people.

Cyberic

She saw me running and beeped at me. When I got home about thirty minutes later she said, "Dad, that reflective vest you were wearing is really bright and I saw you from a mile away. " Me: "I wasn't wearing a reflective vest, I was running shirtless."  DD: "Exactly."

LOL

DavePNW

Looks like the BAA left out 1,947 runners who ran their qualifying time by capping the field at 30,000, instead of 32,000 and taking everyone.

Could've been worse I guess -- I thought the normal cap was 27k (except for the unique situation last year when they took 36k)?

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Klompus and D2, sorry to hear about the Boston cutoff.  You might not have gotten into this year's race, but you're still Boston qualifiers.  That's still a pretty nice feather in the ol' running cap.

<3

DavePNW

What up peeps?

I saw some dolphins while walking through the hangar bay on my way to go run this morning, does that count? Smile

Things are going good out here, treadmilling it sucks, but ya do what ya gotta do.  Set a PR on Sat, 22 miles on the treadmill, and I didn't go insane, it was actually a pretty decent run.  Good thing is the food sucks, so I should be down a few pounds by the time I get home. Smile

Hope everyone is doing well!

HOW?

Maybe already insane? 

Dave

LRB

HOW?

Well if you lock it in mentally you could actually do it, problem is people like you and I do not want to lock it in on a treadmill.  lol

LRB

You might not have gotten into this year's race, but you're still Boston qualifiers.  That's still a pretty nice feather in the ol' running cap.

True.

DavePNW

Klompus and D2, sorry to hear about the Boston cutoff.  You might not have gotten into this year's race, but you're still Boston qualifiers.  That still a pretty nice feather in the ol' running cap. makes many of us green with envy.

This.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You guys are too kind. This isn't a pity party, though. I will give it another shot, and besides, I age up in two years time and that will get me five free minutes!

B-Plus

I can't remember the last time I ran on a treadmill. Maybe 2010 or earlier.

LRB

I can't remember the last time I ran on a treadmill. Maybe 2010 or earlier.

That would have been practically impractical for me! Nice though.

I had an hour of red cord today and have one session per week scheduled leading into the big race.

I just do not want to leave anything to chance with my weak ass hips seeing how I have been running so well since I started using red cord back in May.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Or the right kind?  I had a quesadilla today that leveled my ass for three hours!

I have also been working on a big project that needs my brain for hours at a time.  I find that when I study/research/draft pleadings for that long of a time, I get hungrier.  Maybe my brain is taking all my calories?

Damaris