Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and more bird (Read 49 times)

DavePNW

OMFG kill me now. I missed sub-22 by like 5 seconds because I STOPPED AT THE WRONG TIMING MAT.

Congrats anyway. What is the deal with the double timing mats? I always run through both at the finish to be safe, but not sure when to start/stop my watch. But usually only a second or two between them.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lauren, sorry about the finish mat confusion but great job!!

Damaris

workinprogress11

Lauren, congrats on the race. I'm glad you weren't as close you thought so your head doesn't explode.

8 miles for me. Have a good weekend everyone and good luck to the racers tomorrow.

From the Internet.

Thanks everyone! Big grin Home and showered and trying to get warm now - I believe a nap is in order!

Baboon

delicate flower

Oski feast has been consumed.  Countdown to dessert....

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Ended up with 20 miles and four mountain summits, great run, gonna be sore tomorrow! lol

Then we had second Thanksgiving, now it's nap time.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

16 miles on the mountain.

Congrats Lauren

From the Internet.

Morning!  On my way to Cocoa for the expo, lunch at our favorite Mofongo place, Orlando shopping and then a marathon sometime tomorrow.

This made me giggle upon re-reading it. NBD, just whenever.

DavePNW

Dave

outoftheblue

It's been a tough holiday for me.  On Wednesday, my oldest dog, a 12 year old rottweiler, had a seizure and her hind legs are now paralyzed.  The vet doesn't know what caused it, but suspects a brain tumor.  The only way to know for sure is to put her under anesthesia (risky given her present condition)  and run a cat scan.  We elected now to take that risk  because, if they found a tumor or lesion, there is no way of treating it given her age.

So we have her on anti-seizure medication and steroids with the hope that the steroid might reduce and inflammation spur some increased mobility.  It is not a completely hopeless situation, but it doesn't look very good right now. It's just really hard, given that we lost our other rottweiler last year.   My family was very understanding and supportive, but I'm pretty much sick with worry right now.

Life is good.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

It's been a tough holiday for me.  On Wednesday, my oldest dog, a 12 year old rottweiler, had a seizure and her hind legs are now paralyzed.  The vet doesn't know what caused it, but suspects a brain tumor.  The only way to know for sure is to put her under anesthesia (risky given her present condition)  and run a cat scan.  We elected now to take that risk  because, if they found a tumor or lesion, there is no way of treating it given her age.

So we have her on anti-seizure medication and steroids with the hope that the steroid might reduce and inflammation spur some increased mobility.  It is not a completely hopeless situation, but it doesn't look very good right now. It's just really hard, given that we lost our other rottweiler last year.   My family was very understanding and supportive, but I'm pretty much sick with worry right now.

My deepest sympathies. That is tough.

Runner with a riding problem.

Hip Redux

Oski feast has been consumed.  Countdown to dessert....

Too many leftovers!

Hip Redux

Oh no Sad

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OOTB, I am sorry to hear. Hugs.

Damaris

onemile

Congrats Lauren! I am sure you will shave off that 10 seconds soon.

Very sorry to hear it Outoftheblue.  Hope the meds help.

I ran 6.8 miles.