Beginners and Beyond

2019 Indianapolis Monumental Marathon RR (Read 47 times)

sdWhiskers

Congrats on finishing the race! And with less bathroom issues than the previous time (that's a huge win!)

Hopefully you can sort out the shoe issues during long runs next time, rather than 2-3 days before the race, yikes that's such an unnecessary stress. Sounds like you kept it together pretty well mentally though with the shoe and shin drama.

BruceD555

Congrats on the race and you did a fine job on the RR...not a hint of rust showing .

I was there running the IMM as well (4th time for me) and other than the crowded miles 1-2 and inevitable winds, it's one of my favorite races & courses. Those buildings and underpasses in the first few miles play havoc with your Garmin and you'll inevitably be off on your splits.  Nice job in staying tough through til the end, especially once we turned into that nasty headwind over the last few miles to the finish. (Like Docket said, we also had it in our face around mile 9 and off-and-on once we made the turn at 14)

Again, congrats on the determination and thanks for sharing your RR.

Train smart ... race smarter.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks Bruce!

True on the mm.... I'm just trying to figure out what the problem is, it is getting extremely depressing that I've tried like 3 or 4 shoes in the last 3 weeks, 3 of them with the help of an LRS and still it seems I haven't found the right shoe for me 

Honestly, I am ready to get back out on the road damn it, other than waking up first thing in the morning and feeling a tad stiff, I'm feeling pretty damn good throughout the rest of the day. I really want to try these Guide ISO's out, and the Ghosts, gotta be careful though, DH is going to wonder what the hell is going on with all the deliveries lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I looked back in my retired shoes, and back in 2013 I did try the Ghosts and if memory serves me correct, they were one of those shoes that caused me shin and feet issues. Not sure if things have changed in the past 6 years with the shoes, or if my feet/legs have... guess we'll find out when I get the new Ghosts delivered.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)