Beginners and Beyond

White Tuesday (Read 39 times)

Cyberic

Probably your arm swing stayed the same. I have found the accelerometer measures a bit slow for me and the footpod measures a bit fast. I don't have a lot of arm swing

But your consistency is something I haven't experienced with the accelerometer. Mine is usually all over the place (even though my pace is the same for the whole run)

For me the accelerometer is absolutely unreliable, and as for the foot pod, well I've said it 100 times already on the dailies, so I'll spare you 

LRB

Morning!  I have 6 with 2 at MP tonight, after Pilates.  Should be fun...not.

But, but it's finally winter. Let's show some enthusiasm woman. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But, but it's finally winter. Let's show some enthusiasm woman. 

It is.  After all, the high is 79F...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They called yesterday and said my car MIGHT be ready today...and then crickets.  Sigh.

Damaris

Runshortii

Will either run outside later if it ever stops raining or get some miles in on the treadmill

No more marathons

Tomorrow will be fun:

2 miles warm up/ 1.5 miles cool down

Fartlek: 1-2-3-2-1 minutes hard, matching minutes easy
              Ex. 1 minute hard, 1 minute easy, 2 mins hard, 2 mins easy, etc.

Where does she come up with this shit?  Does keep it interesting.

Did that ^^^.

Pace changes keeps it interesting.  The 3 minute hard was into a 10 mph wind.  That really impacts the pace.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's really fun when you get wildly different readings from the footpod, accelerometer and treadmill. My pace may be somewhere between 11 to 18 mm.  Or not. IDK.

Cyberic

It's really fun when you get wildly different readings from the footpod, accelerometer and treadmill. My pace may be somewhere between 11 to 18 mm.  Or not. IDK.

Smile

***News flash update on my footpod***

Got to the track and it wasn't working. My new hypothesis is that since I bought a pack of three batteries for a buck at the dollar store, and that none is working, maybe it's just a bad batch and not the pod.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My hill workout flopped due to the snow.  I'm calling a mulligan for tomorrow unless the rain turns the hill into an ice fest. If so it will be on the tm.

4.3 miserable miles today. Miserable because I'm miserable.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

From the Internet.

I took the day off to catch up on grading and midterm stuff, so I shuffled my run to the middle of the day after the sun came out and the temperature got above freezing. A+ would run not in the dark again. 12.4ish, 8:17ish pace. Last couple miles were quick because the sidewalks were still garbage and I just wanted to be off the shoulder of the main road ASAP.

We're supposed to get rain this evening/overnight and highs in the 50s the next couple days, hopefully better running conditions until the next snow hits!

Cyberic

Did that ^^^.

Pace changes keeps it interesting.  The 3 minute hard was into a 10 mph wind.  That really impacts the pace.

I ran 6 x (3 laps hard / 2 laps easy) of the 190 metres track using my friend's foot pod. On an indoor track, no wind, no pace changes, nothing "interesting", but still ok.

onemile

I ran 6 x (3 laps hard / 2 laps easy) of the 190 metres track using my friend's foot pod. On an indoor track, no wind, no pace changes, nothing "interesting", but still ok.

It doesn't have to be interesting if you're okay with that

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sent hubby to pick my car up while I went to Pilates. Hoping I see my car on the carport when I get back home. It's been three fucking weeks!!!

Damaris

Runshortii

5 miles on hills and with 30 mph wind gusts. Supposed to get icy overnight

LRB

5 miles on hills and with 30 mph wind gusts. Supposed to get icy overnight

They're talking 60 mph gusts here overnight. I don't even know what that is!