Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are warm and wet in TN (Read 29 times)

WA, but same.

I beg to differ.  NOT the same.  AT ALL.  Seattle > Eugene in every single way, other than that marathon you like.  And even then, you found a BQ right next door.  Even the lack of sales tax can't save OR.

ZZYZX will be with me on this.

I beg to differ.  NOT the same.  AT ALL.  Seattle > Eugene in every single way, other than that marathon you like.  And even then, you found a BQ right next door.  Even the lack of sales tax can't save OR.

ZZYZX will be with me on this.

Ha. I meant same as far as not expecting the need for a snow shovel. And for the majority of the people on the forum from the eastern part of the country, I suppose this whole area blends together anyway. DW is an OR native, so I can't dis it too much. She would also agree that they are not the same, but maybe take a different viewpoint than you.

Of course OR has no sales tax, but WA has no state income tax. Although I'm never sure why people go on about these things, because all state governments find ways to get your money one way or the other.

Dave

RunningOnSand

WA, but same.

My apologies. I will agree that OR and WA are two totally different places (I'm LOL'ing at myself for saying that, having only been OR, and not WA)--but different places have their own distinct cultures, etc.

See what I mean? My memory is shiz. I blame my minions. It (my memory) used to be amazing prior to having kids.

LRB, agreed. I really love Stark's character. I'm jonesin' to watch the next Thor. The Dark something rather.

LRB, agreed. I really love Stark's character. I'm jonesin' to watch the next Thor. The Dark something rather.

The worst MCU movie by general consensus is The Incredible Hulk. The second worst imho is Thor: Dark World. YMMV, but just an advance warning. Certainly not bad, just not nearly up to the level of most of the others.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha. I meant same as far as not expecting the need for a snow shovel. And for the majority of the people on the forum from the eastern part of the country, I suppose this whole area blends together anyway. DW is an OR native, so I can't dis it too much. She would also agree that they are not the same, but maybe take a different viewpoint than you.

Of course OR has no sales tax but measles!, but WA has no state income tax. Although I'm never sure why people go on about these things, because all state governments find ways to get your money one way or the other.

FYI.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I agree Thor 2 was good but not as awesome.  I loved Ragnarok, though, so I think at least they made up for it.

Ran 8 with 2 @ HMP and 2 @ 10K.  Used the pod from the TomTom today because the TM was super off.  I was dying at paces that are my easy paces, so...

Damaris

LRB

The worst MCU movie by general consensus is The Incredible Hulk. The second worst imho is Thor: Dark World. YMMV, but just an advance warning. Certainly not bad, just not nearly up to the level of most of the others.

The problem with the Hulk movie was the one that preceded it was totally thrilling and entertaining (for its time), so how do you remake that? You don't. Nick Nolte played a helluva antagonist and those big ass dogs were frightful. I loved the first Hulk. The second one was totally unnecessary and anticlimactic...other than to plant a frozen Captain America in the end credits if I recall correctly.

The problem with the Hulk movie was the one that preceded it was totally thrilling and entertaining (for its time), so how do you remake that? You don't. Nick Nolte played a helluva antagonist and those big ass dogs were frightful. I loved the first Hulk. The second one was totally unnecessary and anticlimactic...other than to plant a frozen Captain America in the end credits if I recall correctly.

I thought the end of that one was where Tony Stark shows up at the bar where William Hurt is sitting, and tells him about the Avengers.

The other slightly unusual thing about this Hulk movie is that it did not show the origin. Same with Spider-Man Homecoming for that matter. I guess they figure we've seen it enough times

Dave

LRB

I thought the end of that one was where Tony Stark shows up at the bar where William Hurt is sitting, and tells him about the Avengers.

The other slightly unusual thing about this Hulk movie is that it did not show the origin. Same with Spider-Man Homecoming for that matter. I guess they figure we've seen it enough times

I cannot remember exactly what happened at the end so I'll roll with whatever you say. I thought the whole point though was to plant the Captain America seed, but it could have very well been the Avengers seed and I have my movies mixed up. In any any event, I agree that it was awful. Thor: Dark World on the other hand, just had too much stuff going on. And having said that, that is comparing Marvel movies to Marvel movies. Their worst could be blockbusters for other cinematic universes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Didn't that Hulk was before Iron Man so it was a hint at IM? I remember it as Dave mentioned it.  The first Hulk, not the second.  The second ends with him practicing getting green without getting mad.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Spin workout. I'm sure it's really healthy to breathe in the fumes from the wood stain.

Didn't that Hulk was before Iron Man so it was a hint at IM? I remember it as Dave mentioned it.  The first Hulk, not the second.  The second ends with him practicing getting green without getting mad.

The first Hulk movie (with Eric Bana) was not part of the MCU, so no connection to the current movies. So the second Hulk movie (Edward Norton, before he became Mark Ruffalo) was not a sequel, more of a remake/reboot. It actually came right after Iron Man, before Iron Man 2. I think you are right with how the Edward Norton one ended, but that was the last scene before the credits. Then after that (maybe during the credits) comes the Tony Stark scene.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The first Hulk movie (with Eric Bana) was not part of the MCU, so no connection to the current movies. So the second Hulk movie (Edward Norton, before he became Mark Ruffalo) was not a sequel, more of a remake/reboot. It actually came right after Iron Man, before Iron Man 2. I think you are right with how the Edward Norton one ended, but that was the last scene before the credits. Then after that (maybe during the credits) comes the Tony Stark scene.

You're right.  I forgot I saw that one recently and was confusing them.

Damaris