Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies (Read 23 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 3 x 6 minutes at 5k effort, which is somewhere betwee 7:16 and 8:16. Insanely humid here too, my sunglasses kept fogging up. It's rare that I have this problem.

Cyberic, ugh on the untimely cocmputer reboot.

onemile

I ran 10

DavePNW

I ran 10

Was that kind of a slog after yesterday’s workout?

Dave

onemile

Was that kind of a slog after yesterday’s workout?

it sure was 

LRB

Although it's not my fault, I can't shake the feeling of big failure off my mind. I feel like a fucking moron.

You could've been this guy. Or worse, his wife!

It's not for everyone but I've always found humor to be a much needed salve in my most embarrassing moments and I veer off course and talk about what just happened. Like a complete improvisation about how big of an idiot I am. Unlike the guy in the link who tried to keep a straight face - I would've picked the kid up and said tell the world something. lol

Anyway, after everyone laughs together, you right yourself and get back to it. It's happened to me tons of times. That's when self-deprecation is an asset!

GinnyinPA

I ran 12 on a warm humid day. I'm not ready for summer yet!

Cy - sorry. That would be embarrassing, even though it wasn't your fault.

D - I really hope you get to communicate with your father. At least you get to give him a kiss goodbye.

Cyberic

You could've been this guy. Or worse, his wife!

It's not for everyone but I've always found humor to be a much needed salve in my most embarrassing moments and I veer off course and talk about what just happened. Like a complete improvisation about how big of an idiot I am. Unlike the guy in the link who tried to keep a straight face - I would've picked the kid up and said tell the world something. lol

Anyway, after everyone laughs together, you right yourself and get back to it. It's happened to me tons of times. That's when self-deprecation is an asset!

Yeah, poor guy. Hard to get your concentration back after that.

In my case it's all good. The feeling in my stomach is gone. I spent all afternoon yesterday figuring out how to solve a problem with a new language, and that put my mind at work instead of spinning out of focus.

I use humour all the time, but in situations of stress I become ultra focused and my mind races and I don't use it in those situations. I should, but I don't know if I could.

What I should have done is hope for the best, but plan for the worse. I did not expect anything to go wrong, and I kinda froze when it did. But then again, I don't know if I could have done any better had I planned it. I mean my computer rebooted ffs.

That does teach me a valuable lesson though...