Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES will return shortly.... (Read 34 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, rail trail. Pretty flat aside from the first and last 1.5 miles. I did a 10 mile and half on it.

DavePNW, finish. Under 5 hours would be nice, but not sure that's reasonable.

4.3 miles.

From the Internet.

I got my cool new phone yesterday! Google Pixel and moving from Sprint to Project Fi. Little weird after a million years of iPhones but I will adjust!

6 miles followed by a couple strides today. Race tomorrow! Big grin

onemile

I ran 6. Contemplated skipping it but Bruno needed to get out and it's raining and the yard is muddy. Actually felt better than yesterday minus the needed bathroom break when I dropped B at home.

LRB

Speaking of marathons:

11/24 bluerun - PPTC Turkey Trot 5 Miler

11/24 Baboon - Malibu Fitness 5K

11/24 FreeSoul87 - Turkey Day 5K

11/24 Lauren710 - Tiger Turkey Chase 5 mile

11/24 tback94 - Gobble, Gobble, Gobble 4-Miler

11/26 Half Crazy K 2.0 - NCR Marathon

Ass, will be kicked.

Ric-G

Easy jog, done.

eric - (NRR)

Did you know or care about the match between Montreal and Toronto yesterday? I barely keep up with mls.  but wondered if anyone cared especially since its playoffs.

marathon pr - 3:16

onemile

5k marathon for me tomorrow too.

Sub-20!

workinprogress11

Good luck tomorrow and this weekend, racers!

DavePNW

Sub-20!

Not really feeling it. Did this one last year & it is not particularly flat; weather is 45 degrees, rain, & 20 mph wind.

Dave

DavePNW

Ravenna 8's must be coming out soon, the 7's are on sale.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Half Crazy, post it on the race thread (although I doubt we will forget).

6 with 2 @ MP on the TM after Pilates.

Damaris

Cyberic

eric - (NRR)

Did you know or care about the match between Montreal and Toronto yesterday? I barely keep up with mls.  but wondered if anyone cared especially since its playoffs.

Since Montreal has a good chance to the title this year, I was interested in the score and watching the highlights and all, but I did not go to the stadium to see the game, and did not watch it on TV.

Montreal was leading 3-0 in the second half, but only won 3-2. Since it's the cumulative score of the out and back games that counts in MLS playoffs, it is a disappointment. By blowing most of their lead,they made it harder on themselves for the next game.

I know the facts and am roughly interested, but am not a huge fan. I read sports news when I eat breakfast, talk about it a bit with co-workers, and that's about it.  Hockey interests me more.

Zelanie

Tough run for me this afternoon.  Somehow I'd built the workout into this mythical thing in my head, that the last MP workout the week before the marathon is the one and only thing that will tell you how your race will go.  I was supposed to run it with a friend last night, but then she had to cancel, so we were going to run this afternoon, but she got held up at work.  So it was just me.

I was in almost full blown panic attack mode.  It was silly.  I was .2 from the house the first time I almost turned back, convinced I couldn't possibly do it.  A couple of miles in, I realized that I was spending as much energy freaking out as I was running, and I worked really hard to just calm down and keep going.  I was tempted by every possible place to turn around, though.  "I could stop at that bus stop and go home now!"  "My friend lives up the road from here, I could go to her house and call for a ride home."  It was utterly ridiculous.   I shouldn't even freak out that much during an actual marathon.

Anyway, I kept going, and more or less did fine.  The last 3 miles I fell a few seconds off pace, mostly due to the monster headwind that came up, plus I think most of the nervous energy had subsided and left me tired but without the adrenaline of the freak out.  Plus it had gotten dark and I hadn't brought a headlamp.  I hit the lap button a couple times by accident trying to turn on my screen light.

Right at the start of my 10th MP mile, with the wind blowing the rain hard into my face, a pomeranian or something started chasing me, circling my legs and even jumping up on me.  When I got past the owner and the dog was still chasing, I stopped so that he could call his dog back.  The dog went back to the owner, and I started running again.  But the guy hadn't held on to his dog, or leashed him, or anything, so the dog starts wrapping itself around my legs again.  I was pissed.  I stopped and yelled, "Call your fucking dog!  I don't want to trip on him!"  The guy's response was a low "hey," which the dog totally ignored.  Luckily at that point the dog spotted another dog ahead on the path and ran up that way, so I was able to get past, but that was super lame.

Then I was just pissed and tired for the rest of the way.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just saw an ad from a lawfirm about those that use Levaquin or Avelox antibiotics.  Apparently, there is a class that suffered aneurysms.  And we were all worrying about tendon rupture, pfffttt.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds like a tough run, Z.

Damaris

DavePNW

Tough run for me this afternoon.  Somehow I'd built the workout into this mythical thing in my head, that the last MP workout the week before the marathon is the one and only thing that will tell you how your race will go.  I was supposed to run it with a friend last night, but then she had to cancel, so we were going to run this afternoon, but she got held up at work.  So it was just me.

I was in almost full blown panic attack mode.  It was silly.  I was .2 from the house the first time I almost turned back, convinced I couldn't possibly do it.  A couple of miles in, I realized that I was spending as much energy freaking out as I was running, and I worked really hard to just calm down and keep going.  I was tempted by every possible place to turn around, though.  "I could stop at that bus stop and go home now!"  "My friend lives up the road from here, I could go to her house and call for a ride home."  It was utterly ridiculous.   I shouldn't even freak out that much during an actual marathon.

Anyway, I kept going, and more or less did fine.  The last 3 miles I fell a few seconds off pace, mostly due to the monster headwind that came up, plus I think most of the nervous energy had subsided and left me tired but without the adrenaline of the freak out.  Plus it had gotten dark and I hadn't brought a headlamp.  I hit the lap button a couple times by accident trying to turn on my screen light.

Right at the start of my 10th MP mile, with the wind blowing the rain hard into my face, a pomeranian or something started chasing me, circling my legs and even jumping up on me.  When I got past the owner and the dog was still chasing, I stopped so that he could call his dog back.  The dog went back to the owner, and I started running again.  But the guy hadn't held on to his dog, or leashed him, or anything, so the dog starts wrapping itself around my legs again.  I was pissed.  I stopped and yelled, "Call your fucking dog!  I don't want to trip on him!"  The guy's response was a low "hey," which the dog totally ignored.  Luckily at that point the dog spotted another dog ahead on the path and ran up that way, so I was able to get past, but that was super lame.

Then I was just pissed and tired for the rest of the way.

I am exhausted just reading this. Maybe you've got the marathon nerves out of the way now.

Dave