Beginners and Beyond

ThursDay Time! (Read 36 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LM & Dave - Nice weekday running!  Dave - great month especially post race!

Docket - Enjoy the concert tonight.  I'd love to see her someday (before she goes bye-bye).  And you're making me hungry.  Can't say if I've had anything specific from PR, but I love Caribbean food in general!  And are you sure it's just antibiotics and not Ambien or something you're giving Bugsy?  Good he's resting well.

ROS - Your dog is adorable!

FreeSoul - Nice running month for you, especially with all the lifting.  I can't believe 5 AM is sleeping in... that's nuts!

Jay - Yes, rest up for the remainder of the year.  What goals do you have lined up for next year?  I don't see a FM PR time in your sig line .

OFR - I'd be shocked if this were an Olympic qualifying course.  The RD changed the course 3 weeks ago to all pavement b/c he had eye surgery and couldn't set the original course.  Yesterday, he said he changed it again to make it 50/50 pavement/trail - on a 5K loop.  So I keep telling myself that it's only a 5K.  Just gotta do it 10 times. 

Baboon - Print it as a PDF file and save it in a marathon folder on your computer.  Then you can print it later if you want to make a scrap book or something.... or make TP.

HC - Degrees aren't worth shit.  Quote of the day 

KCRuns - Better to get a couple miles in that nothing.  Glad things are looking promising for you.  Will be a good start to 2018!

I've got nothin' except a growling stomach and a hankering for reading material.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

DavePNW

Baboon - Print it as a PDF file and save it in a marathon folder on your computer.  Then you can print it later if you want to make a scrap book or something.... or make TP.

Heh. I just checked my running folder on my computer, and apparently I've got 3 of those things. I don't even remember downloading them.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Was this built before smartphones and tablets existed?

It was before we had smartphones. I think he built it when we redid the bathroom 12 years ago. We do get some magazines courtesy of Coke rewards, those also go on the shelf.

KCRuns

Docket, this looks amazing!

Talking about carbs, my dad came to visit and cook dinner last night.  Of course, Puerto Rican dinner. Here is what he made:

This is called Pastelon de Amarillos (sweet plantains, ground meat, egg, and cheese (on top)).

oldfartrunner

I have a fancy, signed certificate from the NCR marathon last year. Complete with calligraphy. It's hanging in our bathroom along with other certificates and various diplomas.

Maybe the your turds will get sooooo smart...That they will end up on the official Boston Jackets next year!

DavePNW

I was curious how many races I've done this year, so I checked - it's 14. Of them, 4 had some kind of course problem - 2 short, 1 long (maybe 2, but I'll give one the benefit of the doubt), and 1 that screwed up the placings because of a whole bunch of people inadvertently cutting the course. That doesn't seem like a very good ratio. Last year I did 15, and didn't have any problems like that.

MTA: did not even mention the one race that was measured OK, but had such crazy, stupid hills that it was pointless to run.

Dave

Docket.  Bugsy NEEDS this.  It's a video, but seriously, you have to see it.  He's been on the streets so long, he deserves to feel like a price.

https://www.facebook.com/uniladmag/videos/3791322854224079/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Fuck that.  Ima try to put this on all 5 cats!

Damaris

Cyberic

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Should I be afraid tonight?

Damaris

Cyberic

All my running medals are in a drawer (underneath running clothes), and Boston material , certificates, random running stuff in a shoe box.

No diplomas on the wall either. For a while there was a pic of me skydiving on the living room wall, but I took that down too. For some reason I do not like to display my past "achievements". False modesty? I dunno. Never tried to analyze myself. I just don't do that.

Half Crazy K 2.0

OFR, maybe there's a relationship with the diplomas and Boston. Is Hopkinton related to Johns Hopkins?

DavePNW, twins! Same for me. 14 races, 4 with course issues, all short.

Docket, sleep with one eye open.

Cyberic,  where I work, it's pretty common for people to have their diplomas on their office wall, or at least their highest degree and a lot have their degree in their e-mail signatures. For clinical staff, I get it. I'm not, so I don't bother.

DR, he's planning his revenge.  Only jewels will appease him.

DavePNW

DavePNW, twins! Same for me. 14 races, 4 with course issues, all short.

Ha! Fortunately my short courses (including a 12.5 mile HM) were not on PR pace. My long course (3.26 mile 5k) would've been pretty close. It was actually the same race as my PR last year, when it was measured just fine.

All my medals & bibs are proudly displayed in a shoebox under my bed. It's getting pretty full, but still OK.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Question - does she look a little intimidating... even a tiny bit?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)