Beginners and Beyond

Don't Bring Me Down Wednesdailies! (Read 47 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Big grin thanks, I kind of wish I had kept up for .2 miles because it was looking to be under 7 min pace.......... but I think I was about to die Dead

Hopefully this winter I can work on getting closer and closer to keeping that kind of pace though.

I think I have that song stuck in my head....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4hsC0nRvZM

FS, that is an impressive run!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

SUS - Great run

Beth - Good luck!

Finally, an SRD for me.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning! So I've been spoiled with not having to run before work for months now thanks to my part-time jobs not happening from the beginning of August til now. But my clients for this school year are starting up again so I have to get back to morning running. Today is the first day I attempted it. Which was kind of a bad idea because I finished my run after 7:00pm last night. To start at 6:00 this morning would have meant less than 12 hours in between. But it was moot because I overslept my alarm Sad boooooo 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hello and good morning.

5 easy miles last evening and what a great night for it too. Sunny, 70 and lower humidity. YEAH!

Have a good hump day.

Zelanie

Good morning!  I have a mystery track workout tonight.  Wonder what it will be?  They're supposedly following a Daniels 10K plan for the 10K that's this weekend, so hopefully something a bit lighter?

Morning Dailies.  Today was a SRD, but after walking the dogs, I took the younger one for a .75 jog in search of some of that active recovery y'all talk about.  I'm definitely not as sore as yesterday, so maybe it helped?  Or maybe it was just time passing...

Dad on the run.

3 miles done this morning, managed to pull a 8:44 mile my last mile. I've been comfortable running my 9:30-10:00 miles but its about time for me to get back to those 8 m/m I was running before.

I may try and pull a double today and run another slow 3 after work, haven't decided yet.

So the 3 guys I work that I'm competing with in miles has this hair brained idea to do the Mercedes full in Feb. Really??? Its a conflicting decision, my common sense tells me to say no, buy that other part of me, you know the one, the one that doesn't want to be shown up, well it tells me to run it! Ohh... what to do, what to do. I'm pretty sure come Feb I could finish it, but I doubt I could give it my all. :/

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Good morning, dailies:

Schnauzer - nice job on the speed work

Kay - interesting

Marjorie - good hills

Baboon - good for a couple dromedaries

Rick - I  love the reusable insert.  *So* much cheaper that way.

D - here's the plan, we build a heat exchanger that runs from Miami to Buffalo.  Two problems solved.

Step - have fun at the drinking tasting

Beth - good luck and safe travels!

Free - not doing the dew

Brr - minus 55 with a little wind, nice?  You are hardy. Wink

Oski - more misheard lyrics..  "'Scuze me, while I kiss this guy"

B+ - enjoy the rest

Kristin - doh

C0de - good on the lower humidity

Zelanie - have fun with the mystery workout.

granite - hi

jblack - only do it if you want to, not because of peer pressure.

Finally, a "day off" that does not involve any time at work.  W00t!  Gonna get a bunch of cleaning and winterizing the house done, and run somewhere.  Maybe a round of disc golf too.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jay, it's a deal.

Damaris

LRB

They're supposedly following a Daniels 10K plan for the 10K that's this weekend, so hopefully something a bit lighter?

Daniels and lighter is an oxymoron.  Most of his plans has you running faster than the intended pace, so they will probably be "I" or 5k pace intervals.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone!

I ran two pain-free miles around my neighborhood this morning. If the toe still feels good tomorrow, I'll do the weekly beer run. After the couple of weeks I've had, nothing sounds better than running with some friends and putting back some free beer.

Dad went home yesterday and he's doing well. I'm going to take him some food later and hang out with him. Hope everyone has a great day!

Beth - Safe travels and hope you have an amazing time!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great news on your dad, Hobbit!  Nice pain free miles.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Dad went home yesterday and he's doing well. I'm going to take him some food later and hang out with him. Hope everyone has a great day!

That's good news! Glad things are progressing.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Sep 25th!  Today's holidays:

Pancake Lovers Day (I am not a pancake lover, probably one of the few people who does not like pancakes)

National Comic Books Day

National One Hit Wonder Day

Batman, Superman, flight simulator, gaming

KEYWORD1  2010-10-20  batman  comic  comics  dc comics  retire  retires  retiring  age

KEYWORD1  2010-10-04  parody  parodies  superman  hero  heroes  superhero  superheroes  super hero

KEYWORD1  2009-11-10  fantastic four  marvel  marvel comics  comic  comics  human torch  johnny stor

KEYWORD1  2008-05-12  parody  fashion  fashions  fashionable  clothes  clothing  garment  garments

KEYWORD1  2008-02-25  medical  medicine  health  healthcare  health care  doctor  doctors  physician

photo wondercartoon_zpse3df3121.gif

There are plenty of one-hit wonders through the decades.   Here are just a few random ones to get stuck in your head today.   And for the ones with links..enjoy the show!

1970s

Spirit in the Sky"  (Norman Greenbaum) - http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/rolling-stone-readers-pick-the-top-10-one-hit-wonders-of-all-time-20110504/3-norman-greenbaum-spirit-in-the-sky-0428528

Mississippi Queen  (Mountain)

House of the Rising Sun  (Frijid Pink)

Indiana Wants Me (R. Dean Taylor

My Baby Loves Lovin'

Long Haired Lover from Liverpool (Jimmy Osmond)

Funkytown (Lipps Inc)

Mickey (Toni Basil)

Come On Eileen (Dexy's Midnight Runners) - http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/rolling-stone-readers-pick-the-top-10-one-hit-wonders-of-all-time-20110504/2-dexys-midnight-runners-come-on-eileen-0066678

Pump Up The Volume (M/A/R/R/S)

Don't Worry, Be Happy (Bobby McFerrin)

Rockin' Robin (Bobby Day)

Tubthumping (Chumbawamba) - http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/rolling-stone-readers-pick-the-top-10-one-hit-wonders-of-all-time-20110504/8-chumbawamba-tubthumping-0199337

My Sharona - (The Knack) -  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/rolling-stone-readers-pick-the-top-10-one-hit-wonders-of-all-time-20110504/6-the-knack-my-sharona-0698928

In A Big Country (Big Country) - http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/rolling-stone-readers-pick-the-top-10-one-hit-wonders-of-all-time-20110504/4-big-country-in-a-big-country-0588615

And finally, voted by Rolling Stone magazine readers as the #1  "One Hit Wonder" of all Time (of course, not everyone will agree) - Take On Me (A-ha) - http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/rolling-stone-readers-pick-the-top-10-one-hit-wonders-of-all-time-20110504/1-a-ha-take-on-me-0573531

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rough couple of past days.  Monday night after going to bed, kept getting these 'mini-bouts' of vertigo and couldn't get to sleep.  Finally called my boss' office at 3 a.m., left a message for her I was going to the doc in the morning.  Called the appointment line at Fort Sam Houston at 6:30 a.m., the hospital told me to come in at 9 a.m.  So went to the Fort Sam Houston gym, decided maybe a very easy run/walk might help with my vertigo.  I actually had a pretty good outing too, 3.3 miles paced very easily in 36:01, and since I ran in the family housing neighborhood on the post, made several stops to give a treat to my doggie pals along the way.  Got back to the gym and as I went inside the guy at the front desk was looking at me funny and said "Hey, Scotty, your ear is bleeding."  What?  Sure enough, had flecks of blood on my ear and a few on my cheek and neck, I guess where it had dropped from my ear.  Never even noticed on the run. This was the same ear (left) I had to have surgery on during my Air Force days. So off to my appointment I go and it turns out I have a cyst in my ear.   Guess I maybe did something to the cyst, popped it a bit, or maybe scratched my inner ear a bit, cuz my ear was itchy and I did stick my finger in it and scratch in there a bit.  Anyway, not a large cyst,  and doc said it did not look cancerous (the doc said it was "sebaceous" which I guess is pretty common) and my doc sent me to another clinic (the Ear guys I think, not sure if it was the ENT Clinic or the Otolarngology folks, but either way, they were good) and they lanced the darn thing, and removed it.  All outpatient stuff, didn't take long, about an hour or so, numbed my ear with some drops, etc.  Really felt nothing, but could hear the scraping noises they were doing in there, kinda creepy.   Felt much better, still feel a little 'pressure' in there, but for the most part mucho better.   Got home from the doc's, took a pill for the discomfort in my ear, and slept for about a much-needed rest of 6 hours after the toss-and-turn night.

One doc told me the vertigo bouts may have been because the cyst had got some was trapped in there and the cyst pushing on it may have been throwing off my otoliths (the crystals in the ear).  But, since I was diagnosed with BPPV (Benign Positional Paroxysmal Vertigo)  long BEFORE this cyst developed, I still may get some vertigo in the future off-and-on.  Well, I can deal with that, at least I am used to THAT type and know what to do for that, the Army physical therapists taught me well in that area. This pressure in my ear was totally different than what I usually feel when, say, the weather temperature changes.  So I'm glad that little bugger is gone from my ear now!  Will be monitored for a while because, unfortunately, the darn cysts can recur.  I'm hoping not, though!

As for today, a non-running day.  After Gail gets home from work - I have the day off today - we will go do a weight training session at the Y.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt