Beginners and Beyond

New Years Day 2018! MonDailies (Read 39 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

We need a Polar Plunge RR.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

We need a Polar Plunge RR.

I actually am just finishing up writing one. Since I can't finish up the handicap race recap until I have an official time, and all.

MTA: Here you go

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I actually am just finishing up writing one. Since I can't finish up the handicap race recap until I have an official time, and all.

Haven't read it yet but looked at the pics. You look like you're having a great time. I am convinced, I would totally do that now.

Dave

oldfartrunner

Got my 5er in and weights. Smile

Berto: Sorry about your Mom. Sad But like you said, she had a full life. Hang in there! (man hug) I just lost my Mom not too long ago and spread some of her ashes in a cool place I always run. Smile

Hog: Great job on the 50K!  You are a tough Hombre! Half marathon is my longest huckleberry FNO.

Coast: Great news!

Blue: Great picture! You look great and happy!  Have to read the RR.

SDW: Nice pic! Yeah, the profile and avatar pic is the only easy ones. You have to load them to a hosting site. Sad

bluerun

Super B****

Haven't read it yet but looked at the pics. You look like you're having a great time. I am convinced, I would totally do that now.

My work here is done. 

chasing the impossible

RunningOnSand

Don't fret, you still have a few seasons of Better Call Saul waiting in the wings.

YAASSSSSS!!!! That is actually on my list. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

RunningOnSand

I almost think I like Better Call Saul better than BB. It starts out pretty slow though.

I stumbled across Shameless recently on Netflix (originally Showtime, I think?)...7 seasons so far with 8 coming out soon has provided so many binge-watching opportunities.

That has now been added to my queue. Thanks!

RunningOnSand

ROS - I ditched my 235 and went back to my 220.  Go figure?  Hope you get it all worked out.  Sucks if you have to buy another gadget.

There's no easy way to say this, but the reason for my haphazard participation in the dailies lately is that my mom has been battling her last days with cancer.  She is in the west coast, so I've been going back and forth. Anyway, she passed away early this morning, in peace, and without pain.  I may be MIA again until we get everything settled with the family.  She will join her husband and our father in Arlington National Cemetery soon.  Sorry for passing sad personal news on the first day of the year, but in a way, I see this as a positive.  She was 85, had a very fulfilling life, and she left us in peace.  I couldn't ask for anything more for her.

I'm hoping to not have to spend money on another watch. I seem to recall you saying that about the 220 from before. But, all that really pales in comparison to what you've been going through. Im' so sorry to hear about your mom. I can imagine that even with her living a very fulfilling and wonderful life, it's still hard to say goodbye to a parent. I hope that you're able to properly "say goodbye" (however that looks? I haven't had to do that yet so it's hard to even imagine) and honor her in a way that feels respectful to you and your family. Hugs to you.

RunningOnSand

ROS, I blame one of the app updates. My 220 and phone will connect before my run and then disconnect at some point. After each run, I have to turn Bluetooth off on the watch, turn it off on the phone, then turn both back on and it does its thing. Periodically there will be an app update and then it sometimes quits working until the next update.

Bert-o sorry for your loss.

That's kind of what I was thinking it was...some stupid update. Sigh.

RunningOnSand

bert, so sorry to her about your loss.

RD for me. Last night while working, I had a hard time walking and especially going up and down stairs, and so far, tonight is much better. My legs are not too bad after I was able to get 7 hours of sleep today. 50k's are dumb!

I'm so sorry I didn't get around to posting, but a belated F*CKING CONGRATS!!!!!! That elevation sounded crazy. Hell, the whole thing sounded crazy but you did it!!! Nice job!!!

Blue, you rock the casbah! I love the crazy person smile. Kinda reminds me of Crazy Eyes from OITNB.

LRB

"...because the idea of me doing a polar bear plunge is so hilariously preposterous — hence why I am basically laughing in all of these pictures..."

This sums it up succinctly!!

LRB

A bit cold at 13 degrees, but got a jog in.

This is a group of locals and we've done the New Years mile on the track for the past 4 years.

I'm the one with the balaclava (and the 2014 Boston Jacket)  

That's a great shot!

LRB

Sorry for passing sad personal news on the first day of the year...

Part of living is dying. Both are completely out of our control.

bluerun

Super B****

Bert-O, I’m sorry for your loss.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Blue, you rock the casbah! I love the crazy person smile. Kinda reminds me of Crazy Eyes from OITNB.

I had to Google that.  And it is part of why I don’t generally smile!!  Just because I am crazy is no reason to look the part. 

chasing the impossible