Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 48 times)

DavePNW

I don't have to write an RR because I suck, right?

Wrong. We need to write RR's especially when we suck.

Dave

LRB

Add my adductors.  My instructor actually made some modifications today for Pilates.  I think she felt sorry for me!  Ha.

It's your choice, I don't think you need a reason.

LRB

Wrong. We need to write RR's especially when we suck.

lol

onemile

I ran 8.  It was so windy it was like running into a wall.  (3.5 with Bruno).

I feel like I ran a race even though I didn't 

outoftheblue

Add my adductors.  My instructor actually made some modifications today for Pilates.  I think she felt sorry for me!  Ha.

We always need RR reports!  Besides a 7 minute course PR does not suck.

That RR thing goes for Baboon as well.

Chop chop peoples!  Some of us must live their racing lives vicariously.

Life is good.

LRB

I ran 8.  It was so windy it was like running into a wall.  (3.5 with Bruno).

I feel like I ran a race even though I didn't 

Why doesn't the wind ever push us FFS.

Little Blue

We always need RR reports!  Besides a 7 minute course PR does not suck.

That RR thing goes for Baboon as well.

Chop chop peoples!  Some of us must live their racing lives vicariously.

This.  I've been gone all day, seems I missed any mention of D's finish.  So a RR would be most appreciated. 

bluerun

Super B****

It does.  We're just ingrates and tend not to notice it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ok!  I'll work on it. Sheesh.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

It does. I have one spot where I definitely can feel it pushing me uphill. Unfortunately, when that happens it means I have run into a really stiff wind for a few miles and will have a cross wind the last 1/2 mile or so. Not really worth the push up the one hill.

I went to college on MD's eastern shore, it is windy all the time. There were far too many times I went out on my road bike feeling like it was so easy ((like 20-25 mph felt easy). And then I would turn a corner. And would be lucky to stay upright and 12-15 mph felt super hard.

LRB

It does. I have one spot where I definitely can feel it pushing me uphill. Unfortunately, when that happens it means I have run into a really stiff wind for a few miles and will have a cross wind the last 1/2 mile or so. Not really worth the push up the one hill.

I went to college on MD's eastern shore, it is windy all the time. There were far too many times I went out on my road bike feeling like it was so easy ((like 20-25 mph felt easy). And then I would turn a corner. And would be lucky to stay upright and 12-15 mph felt super hard.

When I run into a headwind, it's loud and I can literally feel the push against my body. When I turn around and run away from it, it gets totally silent, I get hot and start sweating profusely but never really feel like the wind is blowing against my back.

Now I'm sure there's some kind of benefit going on, it just never *seems* as though the wind is pushing me as strong as it pushes against me.

But then I'm an admitted idiot, so there there is that.

Half Crazy K 2.0

When I run into a headwind, it's loud and I can literally feel the push against my body. When I turn around and run away from it, it gets totally silent, I get hot and start sweating profusely but never really feel like the wind is blowing against my back.

Now I'm sure there's some kind of benefit going on, it just never *seems* as though the wind is pushing me as strong as it pushes against me.

But then I'm an admitted idiot, so there there is that.

When I've gotten the "push" uphill, it's been in fairly strong gusts, like in the 20-30 mph range. And I'm probably an idiot for being out in it. The odd part is that I seem to only get that push in the same spot when i am running east and the wind is blowing west to east.

onemile

It was something like 26mph wind with gusts to 35mph tonight and I could feel it against my back. Not as much as I could feel it in my face though!

Hip Redux

I did a half by the shore on the edge of a storm - 30-35 mph gusts.  I was being blown around left, right, back, forth.... At one point, it was blowing me so hard from the side that I was having a hard time running in a straight line.

Good times.

bluerun

Super B****

I did a half by the shore on the edge of a storm - 30-35 mph gusts.  I was being blown around left, right, back, forth.... At one point, it was blowing me so hard from the side that I was having a hard time running in a straight line.

Good times.

I did one like that too, 40-45 mph gusts.  Special treat was that the wind was causing the waves to crash up on the road and drench us all.  Did I mention that it was about 20 degrees?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog