Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins (Read 22 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!  Today I'll go pick up my stuff for Sunday's race just in case it isn't snowed out/I decide to run it.  They are giving winter hats this year so that's a nice change :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

5 this morning w/13x300.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles with strides later tonight.

Jill, have fun picking up your bib.

PAD, nice workout.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

5 this morning w/13x300.

Adding "1 to grow on?" Or just get carried away?  Wink

ill get mine in this evening

PADRunner

Adding "1 to grow on?" Or just get carried away?  Wink

ill get mine in this evening

Thought it was 13.

GinnyinPA

I'll probably do 5 on the TM.  It's colder outside than forecast and it looks like some snow is arriving early.  It's hard to know how seriously to take it, because Accuweather has been wrong so often when they say, "Snow starting in 74 minutes."  The main event isn't supposed to start until tonight but there's a lot of blue just south of us on the radar map. So much for getting my long run in early.  I really don't want to spend 3 1/2 hours outside when the wind chill is in the teens, especially if it snows.

Jill - the forecast I heard last night has NY only getting a few inches.  You may be lucky this time.

PAD - nice intervals.

D - enjoy your five tonight.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Thought it was 13.

Just can't get enough.  You my friend are a badass.

I'm going to suffer to get to 12.     ... and then the cool down.  Sad

PADRunner

Just can't get enough.  You my friend are a badass.

I'm going to suffer to get to 12.     ... and then the cool down.  Sad

If its outside cool down will not be a problem!

Philliefan33

Ginny, I was also surprised by the colder-than-predicted windchill this morning. I opted for the TM, since I'm battling a head cold.

4 miles, with a couple of walk breaks. I don't know why I needed walk breaks, but I did.

When end I got home I pulled the snowblower to the front of the garage so I can use it on Sunday. I've already told DH that he is not allowed to be clearing snow (one who needs a cane to walk in the house should not be wrestling with a snow blower), but I'm afraid I'll have to drug him to keep him inside. If there's too much snow for me to clear, I'm sure the 18 year old boy next door would accept some cash to clear our driveway.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Half on Sunday cancelled. At least I didn't waste time getting the race stuff yet.

Wandering Wally

Rest day. Planning to run tomorrow and Sunday. Might even see some sunshine this weekend. Woot!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast