Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

That sucks, Oski.  I think the worst part of all this health crap is just not knowing what the hell is going on with your body.

As for me, on Tuesday I will be getting MRI #2, this time with the big ass needle (and contrast dye) to look at my hip joint and attempt to determine if I have a labral tear and/or other issues with my joint. Depending on the results, I will have to make a decision about surgery.  I'm pretty freaked out.  Not because of surgery, but that the surgeon in my HMO might not be able to help me, depending on what the MRI reveals. 

Can't Obama fix it??  I'm pretty sure he said he can fix anything with Obamacare, no?

(sarcasm firesuit on, buttoned & zipped)

Randy

Hip Redux

As for me, on Tuesday I will be getting MRI #2, this time with the big ass needle (and contrast dye) to look at my hip joint and attempt to determine if I have a labral tear and/or other issues with my joint. Depending on the results, I will have to make a decision about surgery.  I'm pretty freaked out.  Not because of surgery, but that the surgeon in my HMO might not be able to help me, depending on what the MRI reveals. 

I really hope you get some (good) answers!

I did 25 minutes on the spin bike today and took a "recording" to send into the monitoring place.  I had no real issues, just a bit of lightheadedness.  I have to call into a 1-800 number and send this "recording" over the phone. It sounds like a fax machine, beeping and screeching. And it can only be done over a land line.  I don't have a land line! What the hell kind of stupid technology is this?

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

LOL!  it's called "OLD" technology.

Maybe you can find a pay phone.   Well.  Wait......I think we did away with those too!!  Cool

Randy

LRB

And it can only be done over a land line.  I don't have a land line! What the hell kind of stupid technology is this?

If it were not for work, I would not have access to one either.  lol

Hip Redux

LOL!  it's called "OLD" technology.

Maybe you can find a pay phone.   Well.  Wait......I think we did away with those too!!  Cool

Last night they honest-to-God suggested I find a pay phone!  I laughed!

LRB - I'll have to do all my submissions at work for that exact reason.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Small victories.  I mowed the lawn today with no knee pain.  I was waiting for it to bark at me & it never did.  I freaked every time I had to turn around as it's the odd angles that always get me but it was ok. (whew!) Black eye

The last 2 days I had literally done NOTHING!!!  I think that's what they mean when they say "rest".  I also think that netted some of the best healing results I've had in the last 3 weeks!  Which also makes me wonder how much further along I'd be if I had just stopped completely 3 weeks ago. Sad

After mowing the lawn, I came in & did my stretchy band bullsh!t, along with decline pushups, pullups and calf raises w/ weights.  (I could feel the weights on the knee so didn't push it there but wanted to do something for legs since I'm not doing anymore lunges, wallsits, etc.)

Randy

Singer who runs a smidge

It's always such an experiment of one, and a learning experience, isn't it?  And I think the docs are only slightly less clueless than we are!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Hip Redux

It's always such an experiment of one, and a learning experience, isn't it?  And I think the docs are only slightly less clueless than we are!!

Sometimes, it feels that way!

Good luck tomorrow Mandy!

LRB

And I think the docs are only slightly less clueless than we are!!

No truer words....

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks, Oski!

Well, I have to say that getting the injection before the MRI really wasn't a big deal.  So many people were like, "OMG IT'S SO HORRIBLE THE NEEDLE IS SO HUGE!"  Really, I think being stuck in the MRI is worse.

So I got lead into a room, hopped up on a table, had my pants tugged down, and laid there while they first numbed me up.  Then they did the actual injection itself under a live X-Ray.  They seemed to have some issues finding the right spot with me, but I could only feel pressure, not pain.  I didn't really watch though.  Then after that, I went directly to the MRI.  I had to walk a little ways and I started feeling faint for some reason (because I'm a fainty type of person...doesn't take much), so they had me lay down as soon as I got into the MRI room and they got me some water.  I felt better after a few minutes and then we started the MRI.  40 minutes of buzzing and beeping and crappy radio station songs.  This was easier than my first MRI.  I was much less freaked out.  I spent half the time in there wondering how on earth fat people get MRIs done.  But that was it.  Now I'm sitting here at work with my joint all numb.

Running is dumb.

Singer who runs a smidge

Mandy, how long before you get results?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Pinktastic

Mandy - I hope you get some answers from the MRI that will help you heal and get you back out on the road again!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

bluerun

Super B****

Mandy, they do have super-sized MRI machines... sad but necessary.  Hope you get more conclusive answers this time around!

To add to the fun... the mysterious back problem that plagued me a couple of summers back is returning.  I was in pain for weeks then; I don't have time for this crap, I really don't!!  I'm starting to feel like I have Munchausen's because something. always. hurts. Black eye

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am not sure when I get my results.  I just e-mailed my doc...typically it takes a few days, I think.

And bluerun, I wasn't even thinking about morbidly obese people, just plain ol' overweight people.  I felt like I was stuffed in there as is!

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Mandy, they do have super-sized MRI machines... sad but necessary.  Hope you get more conclusive answers this time around!

To add to the fun... the mysterious back problem that plagued me a couple of summers back is returning.  I was in pain for weeks then; I don't have time for this crap, I really don't!!  I'm starting to feel like I have Munchausen's because something. always. hurts. Black eye

You are seriously jinxed!  Damn.  I hope it's nothing.

Mandy - I'm glad it wasn't bad!

So I ran again tonight without any lightheaded/dizzy/nausea etc.   Glad to be able to get back at it even if it's only 30 minutes on the TM, but I could do without the ITBS and the groin pain, already.   Can I just deal with ONE problem at a time?   Oy.