Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES (Read 38 times)

onemile

I ran 54 laps at the indoor track (ice rink) and it was glorious. After running in 80 degrees for so long I forgot what 50 felt like.  

LRB

Not riding in long pants and gear?  Shame, shame.

You are right, I am a horrible person. In other news, frogs croak.

LRB

I am in for the night. It was a nice weekend, especially considering I did absolutely Jack Schitt. lol

Little Blue

You are right, I am a horrible person. In other news, frogs croak.

Stupid hurts.

No, seriously.  I saw my walking buddy after he dropped his bike at 70MPH on the interstate.  Full gear, and only a broken collar bone and serious bruising.  And he was about 65 at the time.  He doesn't bounce so well.  Be careful and smart out there.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, hopefully he'll get that idea.... I've been advised to try and ignore it as he is mainly doing it for attention and gets a kick out of my saying something.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

GinnyinPA

Drove out to the state forest to run a 12 mile loop in the mountains.  Do gravel roads count as trail runs, or are they just regular ones? It was hotter than forecast (Accuweather strikes again) so I really felt the heat by the end and still feel wiped out 5 hours later.

happylily

Drove out to the state forest to run a 12 mile loop in the mountains.  Do gravel roads count as trail runs, or are they just regular ones? It was hotter than forecast (Accuweather strikes again) so I really felt the heat by the end and still feel wiped out 5 hours later.

Isn't gravel harder to run on than regular pavement? I would think so... Great job on your run, Ginny!

I ended up telling my sister that I was too tired for a movie and we just had supper together. Then I came home. And I ran 6 more miles.  So 78 miles this week, my highest in this training cycle (also my slowest), in what was probably the warmest week of the summer.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

So 78 miles this week, my highest in this training cycle (also my slowest)...

That makes sense.

LRB

Be careful and smart out there.

Don't you worry sweetie, I have a lot to live for. And not just starting the dailies FFS.

I ended up telling my sister that I was too tired for a movie and we just had supper together. Then I came home. And I ran 6 more miles.  

Dave

LRB

I have had an unquenchable thirst all day. I thought by now I would be good but apparently not.

StepbyStep-SH

I ran 54 laps at the indoor track (ice rink) and it was glorious. After running in 80 degrees for so long I forgot what 50 felt like.  

Time to register for Icebreaker in January! (Or did you just run the Heatbreaker race?)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

onemile

Time to register for Icebreaker in January! (Or did you just run the Heatbreaker race?)

No thank you!  Just trying to get a little faster running in on a 90+ degree day.