Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Cyberic

Oh, and although GC permits to create workouts mixing miles and meters and these upload fine on the watch, since my watch doesn't know what a mile is (I put it in metric mode) the mile reps were not beeping at the end as it had no idea when that unit was. At the end of what I thought should be my first mile I was starting at my watch, running, wondering when it would finally signal me the end. After a while I manually lapped it, and then in my 400m recovery I figured it out. And the beeping at the end of the 400 recov. pretty much proved I'm right.

So contrary to what I told little blue earler, you guys need to continue using .12 miles for 200m.

Since my discovery last week, I proceeded to edit all my workouts that had miles and meters mixed up, so it doesn't happen to me again. So I fix the 2 x 3 mile, then the 3 x 2 miles, then the 4 x 1.5 miles, and finally I fix the 6 x 1 mile (the one I was doing last week) only to realize that the workout was 6 x 6 miles. So my reasoning of why the watch was not beeping was wrong. 

So maybe the watch understands mixed miles and meters after all. I'm not certain of that, and left my workouts in kms as there's no use going through all of them again. I'll need to do a dummy workout one day on an easy day and try it, so if it does not work, I won't care.

Cyberic

Have a beer with coffee notes. Aren't there some stouts with coffee or espresso?

The reason for the coffee was not the taste, but the effect. I usually have two coffees per day, and today I only had one. If you add this morning's 19 miles I ran, the coffee won over the alcohol. For now. After coffee, why not a glass of wine or a beer during supper.

beer run

Since my discovery last week, I proceeded to edit all my workouts that had miles and meters mixed up, so it doesn't happen to me again. So I fix the 2 x 3 mile, then the 3 x 2 miles, then the 4 x 1.5 miles, and finally I fix the 6 x 1 mile (the one I was doing last week) only to realize that the workout was 6 x 6 miles. So my reasoning of why the watch was not beeping was wrong. 

So maybe the watch understands mixed miles and meters after all. I'm not certain of that, and left my workouts in kms as there's no use going through all of them again. I'll need to do a dummy workout one day on an easy day and try it, so if it does not work, I won't care.

I am both amused, and confused by this FFS.

Cyberic

I am both amused, and confused by this FFS.

Lol, soon I'll know if this statement is right or if it's wrong:

GC permits to create workouts mixing miles and meters and these upload fine on the watch. So if you're running mile repeats with 400m recoveries, no need to convert the 400m to .24 miles. You can just leave the intervals in miles, and the recoveries in meters.

DavePNW

Oops!! I am doing BEER today and nothing else, just BEER.

OK! That sounds like a good day.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

As of today my son has begun his newest obsession. .... playing with his penis... why are you guys so obsessed with that thing! !!?

For the last 2 years he has occasionally played with it, but only when naked. Now, he pulls it out, walks around while holding it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

The reason for the coffee was not the taste, but the effect. I usually have two coffees per day, and today I only had one. If you add this morning's 19 miles I ran, the coffee won over the alcohol. For now. After coffee, why not a glass of wine or a beer during supper.

Makes sense. I usually have 2 coffees per day on weekends (and three during the week). Although I guess technically, by measurement, those numbers may actually be doubled.

workinprogress11

29 miles on the bike. I should run 5 later but I'm guessing that's not gonna happen.

LRB

As of today my son has begun his newest obsession. .... playing with his penis... why are you guys so obsessed with that thing! !!?

For the last 2 years he has occasionally played with it, but only when naked. Now, he pulls it out, walks around while holding it.

lol

LRB

I took the bike out for a wash and spin and manged to burn my leg while getting off of it after a two hour ride FFS.

Nothing serious but they call it a burn for a reason; because it burns. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dave, soon you'll be hill strong!

Beer Run, enjoy your beer. I'm hesitating right now between a beer and a coffee.

Lily, what marathon are you not preparing for again?

Damaris, careful not to drool all over the floor. You know, passing out on the couch, with a stuffy nose... breathe through an open mouth...

I am an expert at breathing through an open mouth.  Even that does not help, LOL.

It's just these sinuses.  It has given me a headache.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Just dropped DS off for a two-day camp. What I wouldn't give just to be a fly on the wall and see how it all goes for him.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Little Blue

I took the bike out for a wash and spin and manged to burn my leg while getting off of it after a two hour ride FFS.

Nothing serious but they call it a burn for a reason; because it burns. lol

Not riding in long pants and gear?  Shame, shame.

Little Blue

Just dropped DS off for a two-day camp. What I wouldn't give just to be a fly on the wall and see how it all goes for him.

I had to look back and make sure it wasn't your DS who has a new found obsession.  Could make camp interesting.

StepbyStep-SH

I had to look back and make sure it wasn't your DS who has a new found obsession.  Could make camp interesting.

Bwahaha! Thankfully he is old enough to only have to be reminded occasionally at home that his hands don't belong down there unless he is in the bathroom or bedroom!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.