Beginners and Beyond

SRL you were right (hat) (Read 364 times)

scissorbill

I washed my running hat.  I dried it too.  It didn't fall apart and it no longer stinks.  

MrNamtor

i had a similar experience with underwear, except it did fall apart after I washed it. Disintegrated into a powdery substance, as a matter of fact. I also think I heard it screaming, but that could have just been my imagination.

xor

I washed my running hat.  I dried it too.  It didn't fall apart and it no longer stinks.  

I know!  Man, it was a total wonderful "WTF?" to learn this.  HA!

I was sure, absolutely sure, that hat+washer was a recipe for disaster thanks to old school hats and my dad's mad washer skills.

Nope!

happylily

Men... LOL

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

xor

Men... LOL

???

Um, no foolin, but "men" are not all the same and we're not all Tim Allen.

happylily

???

Um, no foolin, but "men" are not all the same and we're not all Tim Allen.

True. Some men are funnier than others.

MrNamtor

True. Some men are funnier than others.

???

Little Blue

A word of caution, depending on the hat.  I have a number of the lightweight running ball caps, and they will self destruct after repeated washing.  I always air dry them, but one that was washed at least weekly, finally bit the dust.  The seam around the bill split.  If possible, wash them by hand with a little dish soap or something and air dry. 

I wore it for work, so it got really dirty.  I really liked that hat.  RIP.Cry

xor

A word of caution, depending on the hat.  I have a number of the lightweight running ball caps, and they will self destruct after repeated washing.  I always air dry them, but one that was washed at least weekly, finally bit the dust.  The seam around the bill split.  If possible, wash them by hand with a little dish soap or something and air dry. 

I wore it for work, so it got really dirty.  I really liked that hat.  RIP.Cry

I wait until mine are really funky before I wash them and I always air dry them.  The dryer is bad.  I tried washing them by hand it didn't work well.

I will be tremendously sad when my hats self destruct.

Sorry you lost a favorite hat.  I've blown through a couple pair of lucky socks and it made me strangely sad.

delicate flower

A word of caution, depending on the hat.  I have a number of the lightweight running ball caps, and they will self destruct after repeated washing.  

You say that like it's a bad thing.  This just means you can buy more hats!  Big grin

I treat my hats like any other article of running clothes.  They get washed after each use.  I don't get how having it on top of your head makes it any different in that respect.  I wash my gloves often too.  

Headsweats hats are my favorite.

<3

happylily

???

What? I said you were funny. What more do you want? Big grin

xor

As for the "men" reaction, I know many many guys and gals of a particular age who remember their baseball caps and (what we call today "trucker hats") being wrecked as kids because mom washed them.  And they learned from that.  Hats back then were made differently.  And wool fitted baseball caps... nooooo.

MrNamtor

my generation didn't wear hats.

B-Plus

I gotta get me one of those bra washing bags to wash some hats.

Will run for scenery.

Really?

I just swoosh mine around in a sinkful of warm water and hang it where I usually hang it. All my other running stuff I do in the washer (cold) and hang on hangers to dry. The air here in CO is pretty dry, but it seems to me like the "wicking" fibers (a.k.a. plastic) hold so little moisture that they dry in no time.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!