Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 31 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles 4 x 1/4 miles hill repeats.

LRB

did 50 minutes on stationary bike this morning.  Upper hammy tendonitis not as bad yesterday so wanted to baby it today. Standing  lot at desk yesterday and today seems to help, plus not running this am.  Hoping it will be fine by Sat 8am! Probably try a couple easy miles tomorrow and see how that goes.

The Boston course runs sounds really cool. I may need to find an excuse to go to Boston for a winter weekend and run one of those.  This assumes that I get in!

LRB - any chance you're going to register at the last minute and run Crim?

I've actually never raced a 10 miler before. One would think I'd be all about it.

GinnyinPA

Wolvmar - the Boston Marathon Training Group (aka Boston Buddies) on FB does a 20 miler a month before the race that sounded like fun. I think they start at Hopkinton, taking a bus to the start area.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Wolvmar - the Boston Marathon Training Group (aka Boston Buddies) on FB does a 20 miler a month before the race that sounded like fun. I think they start at Hopkinton, taking a bus to the start area.

They have last minute registration starting at 6:30am Saturday...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This is what I do too. Years ago I read a race report that said, "Run the mile you're in." and that stuck with me. I don't try to make up for too fast or too slow miles, I just aim to run the current mile at the pace I want. I don't lap my watch at mile markers, so it means I have no idea what my final time will actually be. Boston is the only race that read really long for me, fortunately. All of my others were 26.2 or 26.3.

I ran 10.2 on the TM this afternoon.

Freesoul - since you spotted 13 cats when you went looking where Mittens was last seen, someone local may be feeding them. If you can find out who is feeding them, you might get some recent news on your cat.

I spotted 13 cats along the 6 miles I ran, throughout the neighborhood and most were in front yards. So not one particular house or street I'm afraid ☹

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)