Beginners and Beyond

Where is everybody? FriDailies (Read 41 times)

Cyberic

6.6 this morning.  This is week 2 of 7 days a week running, and it's not so bad.

Nice! If you need a rest day, take one. On 7 days/week you have to listen to your body more, as recovery isn't built into the schedule as much.

Nice! If you need a rest day, take one. On 7 days/week you have to listen to your body more, as recovery isn't built into the schedule as much.

You know Cy, because the volume is spread out, it's not nearly as bad as I expected.  I'm actually feeling less beat up than I was a few weeks ago, although it may be a factor of just adapting to the mileage load.  My easy pace has slowed waaaaaaay down, I'm not rushing the recovery runs at all.  So far, so good.  This is a cutback week by 5 miles, which is also helpful.

Nu, yep, they're the grey/white/pink 10s.  I got the navy/pink/teal green ones on December 12, and I love them so much that I've managed to put 218 miles on them already.

I want to try and find another shoe to rotate in, but I'm lazy and don't want to go to the LRS, so trying to find something online.  Looking for a big toebox, neutral to very mild stability if anyone has any suggestions.  ROS, you got some new shoes recently that you loved, but I can't remember what they were... you and I have similar taste in shoes, so I'm interested in what you found!

You know Cy, because the volume is spread out, it's not nearly as bad as I expected.  I'm actually feeling less beat up than I was a few weeks ago, although it may be a factor of just adapting to the mileage load.  My easy pace has slowed waaaaaaay down, I'm not rushing the recovery runs at all.  So far, so good.  This is a cutback week by 5 miles, which is also helpful.

Nu, yep, they're the grey/white/pink 10s.  I got the navy/pink/teal green ones on December 12, and I love them so much that I've managed to put 218 miles on them already.

I want to try and find another shoe to rotate in, but I'm lazy and don't want to go to the LRS, so trying to find something online.  Looking for a big toebox, neutral to very mild stability if anyone has any suggestions.  ROS, you got some new shoes recently that you loved, but I can't remember what they were... you and I have similar taste in shoes, so I'm interested in what you found!

Love the roomy toebox, and also realize that I love the midfoot.  I have the Launch 4's as well.  I'm a fan of those, too, but they are more narrow in the midfoot, and really irritate the bone on the outside of each foot if I run long or too fast (too fast for me, not the average human).

sdWhiskers

Love the roomy toebox, and also realize that I love the midfoot.  I have the Launch 4's as well.  I'm a fan of those, too, but they are more narrow in the midfoot, and really irritate the bone on the outside of each foot if I run long or too fast (too fast for me, not the average human).

I have the Launch also and had to buy a half size larger than I do in the Ghosts. Glad I tried them on and didn't just buy online like usual!

KCRuns

4 more on the way home. It was so nice to see the sun shining!

Oooh, this is good to know.  I was eyeing the Launch 5s, and then saw that there are 4s on really good sales.  I might try RWhouse, they generally have a good return policy IIRC.  Thank you!!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pretty good actually.  This morning I thought about them in the sense of, "Huh, they aren't bothering me, that's nice."  They're way better right when I get out of bed than they were.  I think the higher drop shoes have helped a lot.  In fact, I loved the ghosts so much I got another pair.  I always get reflective shoelaces too, here's my custom shooze:

Cool shoes!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 with 4 at a moderate pace. Kinda all over the place with those, hit a few really windy spots.

GinnyinPA

LM - have you tried the Saucony Echelon's? They have a very wide toebox and are neutral. They don't have as much cushion as some, but they are comfortable every day shoes.

Windy today so my 5.8 miles felt harder than usual. The non-stop cough didn't help. 11 days and I feel fine, I just can't stop coughing and blowing.

Quickadder

I need a very wide toe box and currently have Saucony Cohesion as my dry weather race shoes. In wet conditions they feel as if I am running on two blocks of soap, though.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

GinnyinPA

double post, sorry

RunningOnSand

I'm loving my Ghosts as well! I've transitioned them into my daily trainer. I also have (and LOVE, yes, that much to use all caps) the New Balance 1400v5 , but not for a daily trainer. I use them for workouts and I'll use them to race my HM next week. They aren't super roomy in the toe box, b/c of them being racing flats, but they're cheap and great. You may wanna check them out for any of your workouts?

I've also been running in the Saucony Breakthru 3's for the last year and have used them for my daily trainer. They're not as cushiony, but they're an 8mm drop and are roomier through the toe box. I think the v4 are a bit stiffer.

Coastal

LM:  I used to trade off with NB 1080's.  Pretty similar to the Ghosts but with a touch less drop.  However, take a long look at the Hoka Clifton's  They now come in wide.  I tried the regular width (2's) which were very nice to run in but weren't wide enough so they went back to RW.  If you want to stick with Brooks the Glycerins are very similar to Ghosts.

ROS:  Hope the back feels better.

Almost started the thread this morning but didn't.  Seemed odd for a west coaster to do so.

2 miles on the treadmill plus some core work.