Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #198 (Read 23 times)

LRB

Do Twitter allegations = conspiracy theories? Or actual facts?

Conspiracy theories are revealed up front then take on a life of their own. Here, the facts remain unknown but apparently the shit is about to hit the fan.

DavePNW

Do Twitter allegations = conspiracy theories? Or actual facts?

No idea what is going on but I cringe when anyone references Twitter.

Well the reliability of information doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that it’s on Twitter; it’s more a question of who the tweeter is.

MTA: finally googled and all I see is “bombshell report about toxic culture”. In an NFL organization? You don’t say!

Dave

Cyberic

yeah I have been driving 15-25 minutes for my morning runs the past 2 weeks 

I could find RPs for many of my runs, but I choose to optimize time. Like you, I'd need to a) go somewhere and b) at a time that might not be perfect for me.

Plus, you have RPs who are just happy to do whatever training you're doing. Most people I would run with have coaches and have their own workouts that they need to follow to a Tee.

And I do not like running groups. Those are easy enough to find.

onemile

I could find RPs for many of my runs, but I choose to optimize time. Like you, I'd need to a) go somewhere and b) at a time that might not be perfect for me.

Plus, you have RPs who are just happy to do whatever training you're doing. Most people I would run with have coaches and have their own workouts that they need to follow to a Tee.

And I do not like running groups. Those are easy enough to find.

I used to think like that. Why drive 50 minutes to run for 70 to 90 minutes?

but I guess somewhere along the line it became worth it for me.  RRP drove 30 mins each way to run only 5 miles with me last Sunday.  More time driving than running. lol

sdWhiskers

I used to think like that. Why drive 50 minutes to run for 70 to 90 minutes?

but I guess somewhere along the line it became worth it for me.  RRP drove 30 mins each way to run only 5 miles with me last Sunday.  More time driving than running. lol

I don't think I've even driven 50 min for a race! RP lives 10 min from me. The farthest away that we meet up for running is probably still under 20 min (we only do weekends. Weekday traffic would be a whole other story, at least pre-Rona).

Do you live that far apart? Or just prefer specific far away running routes?

onemile

I don't think I've even driven 50 min for a race! RP lives 10 min from me. The farthest away that we meet up for running is probably still under 20 min (we only do weekends. Weekday traffic would be a whole other story, at least pre-Rona).

Do you live that far apart? Or just prefer specific far away running routes?

(by 50 min I meant 25 minutes each way.)

RRP and I live 30 minutes apart (but he lives 2 miles from my work - so I used to run with him from my work pre-corona)

URP lives 25 minutes from me (but his work is 10 minutes away). In cooler weather I run with him after work from his work.  But he doesn't have a shower at work for morning runs pre-work so has to go home to shower.  This means if we are going to run before work, we have to start at 5:30am 

usually we try to meet somewhere in the middle during the week and switch it up on weekends for different scenery

LRB

Depending on the day of the week, the month, the season or where I am in my training; I'll drive an hour to run an hour with someone if I was overwhelmed from the monotony that is this stupid hobby. Shit, I once drove 40 minutes to run at Stony, got there, then decided I didn't want to run and left without so much as taking a single step!

Each of us are our own entities doing our own thing our own way. But we've seen some of the best hobby joggers this sport has produced drop clear off the face of the earth because for whatever reason, they lost that drive. So whatever it is that gets you out of the door, do that.

DavePNW

Each of us are our own entities doing our own thing our own way. But we've seen some of the best hobby joggers this sport has produced drop clear off the face of the earth because for whatever reason, they lost that drive. So whatever it is that gets you out of the door, do that.

Someone needs to dredge up some of the early dailies from this place, they should be full of “where are they now” names.

MTA: Done. 

Dave

LRB

Someone needs to dredge up some of the early dailies from this place, they should be full of “where are they now” names.

MTA: Done. 

That's quite the list man!

Half Crazy K 2.0

SMH. My high school wants to have an informal reunion in August at a bar. A number of people still live in the county where the HS is--the one with the highest Covid numbers in the state. WTF is wrong with people.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No brains in that operation.

Finally ordered my pilates reformer/tower. I suspect PA will close tomorrow and my expense will be on hold.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

No brains in that operation.

Finally ordered my pilates reformer/tower. I suspect PA will close tomorrow and my expense will be on hold.

The irony is that the people planning this were in the magnet program. Supposedly the "smart" kids.

Looks like PA is starting with bars & restaurants and other gatherings. Hopefully your order can go through. Guess I need to start watching what their doing since MIL lives there.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Problem is that Pilates equipment (classical) can take more than 3 months plus they closed their production line for 4 months so they have a backlog so I’ll be lucky if I get it by the end of this year.  So if they close production again I’ll be screwed until 2021.

Damaris