Beginners and Beyond

Calm & Quiet SunDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

The whole car didn’t LITERALLY land on me! The emergency brake wasn’t on and the back wheels started to roll while my arm was under the wheel well because I was putting on the front tire. Said arm hurts, oddly enough.

Never a dull moment with you!

Cyberic

The whole car didn’t LITERALLY land on me! The emergency brake wasn’t on and the back wheels started to roll while my arm was under the wheel well because I was putting on the front tire. Said arm hurts, oddly enough.

I don't know who taught you, but I've been changing my tires by myself twice a year for like 32 years now, and nothing ever happened. Do you at least use "candles" (dunno if that's how you call them in English) in case the jack fails for some reason?

DavePNW

I don't know who taught you, but I've been changing my tires by myself twice a year for like 32 years now, and nothing ever happened. Do you at least use "candles" (dunno if that's how you call them in English) in case the jack fails for some reason?

Jack stands. And no, typically not for just changing a flat. Nobody taught me, but I’ve changed a crapload of tires; no incidents unless you count the fact that it seems that a flat tire only happens when it’s some kind of really shitty weather.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun - ouch. Are you bruised?  Nice race. Do you like 30k distance? I'd like to try that someday. It's over before you hit the wall, hopefully.

It's just a little scraped, it doesn't look bad... still hurts though. At least it's not broken! I don't think.  I prefer the 30K to the marathon because the marathon really is just far too damn long, but I don't think I'd run 30Ks if I weren't using them to train for marathons...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Jack stands. And no, typically not for just changing a flat. Nobody taught me, but I’ve changed a crapload of tires; no incidents unless you count the fact that it seems that a flat tire only happens when it’s some kind of really shitty weather.

No idea what those are, but since none were tucked into my handy little trunk... nope, did not use.

I'm talented, what can I say?? At least it didn't happen when I was alone, it might have been a bit more difficult to wriggle my arm out of there.

chasing the impossible

LRB

Generally speaking, jack stands are not typical for changing tires unless it's at home in the driveway and you're rotating the tires or something.

Anyway, I think it's cool AF that blue even did it in the first place. 😍

LRB

I just attempted to make homemade biscuits. Them bitches so hard I could sell them to the police as a non lethal ant-riot weapon! 

bluerun

Super B****

Generally speaking, jack stands are not typical for changing tires unless it's at home in the driveway and you're rotating the tires or something.

Anyway, I think it's cool AF that blue even did it in the first place. 😍

I don't think it's cool at all that I dropped a car on myself 

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I just attempted to make homemade biscuits. Them bitches so hard I could sell them to the police as a non lethal ant-riot weapon! 

I know you're tense about the marathon, but no need to take it out on the dough! (That tends to be why they turn out hard)

chasing the impossible

LRB

I know you're tense about the marathon, but no need to take it out on the dough! (That tends to be why they turn out hard)

The instructions were to bake for 10 minutes or until they turn brown. So what did I do? Bake them for 20 minutes to get them to turn brown! #idiot

bluerun

Super B****

The instructions were to bake for 10 minutes or until they turn brown. So what did I do? Bake them for 20 minutes to get them to turn brown! #idiot

Biscuit French toast? Or biscuit bread pudding. Or bread crumbs. 

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Croutons!

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Croutons!

Then he doesn't have to do anything, he already has those! Just... very large ones. Guess you ought to eat some French onion soup...

chasing the impossible

LRB

LRB

Biscuits. Like 4 ingredients. Pretty simple like I remembered just overcooked I think. 🤔