Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies that feel like Monday - 5/30 (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Or put the hex on you and make you look stupid, not that that thought has ever crossed my mind. 

Yeah, maybe that's what my races suck.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Eh, some of the top women in the fitness world hit the gym like that. But I feel no worse than I did after my first marathon..... but I'll most likely just cut the sets in half, divide them to two days out of the week and see how that goes.

Yeah, but you are (1) not one of them, and (2) not at their level yet.  They just didn't get there by doing 30 sets on their first time.

That would be like us wanting to hit 100mpw a week because the elites do it.  You can get there but not immediately.  Work towards it.

Damaris

onemile

But I feel no worse than I did after my first marathon.....

lol

Runshortii

Gotta love smaller races. While not in the race thread, I'm debating doing a 5k Sunday, mainly to drag my ass out of bed early on Sunday after being off all this week. So I e-mailed the RD to see if they offer registration at packet pick up. Response was yes, or I can drop it off at his house!

Too funny. Usually I prefer small races. They seem to be more organized and the courses are actually accurate.

Freesoul - I started going to these bodypump classes at my gym again, which is low weights high reps. The first day I only used a 2.5 lb weight on each side of the barbell and I could barely walk up or down stairs for days  Hence how weak my quads are lol. It's gotten better, but I still only go twice a week and try to keep the weight during squats super light or it interferes with my runs.

I ran 6 easy and went to a 45 min body pump class.

No more marathons

Are you having a bad day?  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I was a little concerned about today's workout since I haven't had a day off in 9 days (yeah, I know, big deal), but it went OK, although the paces were all over the board.

Schedule called for 8 X minute fast and recovery of a minute moderate/easy.

I averaged 7:04 for the fast (which would be near 5K pace) and 8:38 for the moderate - but the fast range was from 7:27 to 6:34.

Next was 8 X 30 seconds, with a 30 second easy recovery.

This one I averaged 6:19 for the fast, but the recovery fell off to 9:11.

Oh well, workout done.  Now I get a rest day tomorrow with only 4 miles easy.

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with 5 x 6 minutes tempo, 1:30 recoveries.

onemile

I was a little concerned about today's workout since I haven't had a day off in 9 days (yeah, I know, big deal), 

This is how Addie started slowly taking away my rest days

Baboon

delicate flower

Easy 19 mile bike ride done.  I miss sunshine.

<3

onemile

Easy 19 mile bike ride done.  I miss sunshine.

We are getting a steady alternation of sun and rain.  Yesterday during my run it was sunny for 2 miles, pouring rains and strong winds for 1, and then sunny for the rest.  Tonight it's rained twice. And now it's sunny. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, but you are (1) not one of them, and (2) not at their level yet.  They just didn't get there by doing 30 sets on their first time.

That would be like us wanting to hit 100mpw a week because the elites do it.  You can get there but not immediately.  Work towards it.

Bee true 

I just like going hard  when in the gym..... I can't help it 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

This is how Addie started slowly taking away my rest days

Yeah, but in another 10 days I'm done with this shit.

He's a leaker!

onemile

what??

No more marathons

what??

Well, my goal races begin 10 days from now, so I guess it's really 12 days till I maybe shut this shit off.

Couple of facts to keep in mind.

1.  I quit running in 1985 for 23 years and only started back because DS started running in HS

2.  After the end of this week I'll be losing my shower facility at work, so my normal lunch time run will no longer be an option.

3.  I've now been running this time for 9 years - the likelihood of any further improvements (especially at my age) are slim.  And I am a competitive SOB - especially with myself

4.  I really don't like running

Of course, the lady I've shared my life with for the past 25 years doesn't believe me either.  Smile

He's a leaker!

onemile

4.  I really don't like running

This is one reason I can't argue with