Beginners and Beyond

I published a book about running (Read 87 times)

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

Hello all!

I hope this isn't too self-promotional, but I wanted to share with you that I just published a book about my 7-year journey to qualify for Boston. I set my sights on Boston in 2008, and despite being physically able to run long and fast, I had quite a few mental roadblocks to overcome before I was able to run a successful marathon. The book is part self-help, part sports psychology, part story, and it addresses the mental side of running. I'd love for you to check it out-- it just launched yesterday. The link is below.

Boston Bound: A 7-Year Journey to Overcome Mental Barriers and Qualify for the Boston Marathon.

Thanks for checking it out, and I would love to know your thoughts if you decide to read it!

26.2 x 31 (3:15:34 PR)

13.1 x 35 (1:30:58 PR)

Author of the book Boston Bound

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Do you have any plans to offer it through B&N and as a Nook book? As an employee there I have strong reservations about buying from Amazon, our major competitor.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

I don't plan to at this time, but maybe in the future! I totally understand you not wanting to buy from the competition. Amazon prints them on-demand, and I haven't looked into doing that elsewhere!

Cyberic

Doesn't seem to be available in Canada. Congratulations on Boston and on writing a book!

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

Doesn't seem to be available in Canada. Congratulations on Boston and on writing a book!

Odd. . . I already have a few Kindle sales in Canada, and I thought the print version would be available there, too!

Cyberic

Odd. . . I already have a few Kindle sales in Canada, and I thought the print version would be available there, too!

I just checked quickly on amazon.ca. If you have sales in Canada, I'll check again more carefully.

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

I just checked quickly on amazon.ca. If you have sales in Canada, I'll check again more carefully.

Here is the link on amazon.ca:

https://www.amazon.ca/Boston-Bound-Overcome-Barriers-Marathon-ebook/dp/B01FM7XEC6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463600575&sr=8-2&keywords=boston+bound+book

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Lot's of competition, Elizabeth.  Sure yours is the best Smile

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-runaway-bookshelf-1463699105

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

Thanks for sharing. The interesting thing is that they are saying more and more books are about the mental side of things- like how mine is. :-)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Thanks for sharing. The interesting thing is that they are saying more and more books are about the mental side of things- like how mine is. :-)

"Slow Jogging" sounds relevant as well Smile

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

Haha!

onemile

For some reason I have no interest in reading about running. Maybe because I already spend too much time on it.

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

For some reason I have no interest in reading about running. Maybe because I already spend too much time on it.

I think that makes sense! "separation" of reading time and running time can be a good thing.

DavePNW

Maybe if she made it an audio book, you could listen to it while you're running.

But, I'm the same. The only running books I have bought are the ones with training plans. And I tend read the bare minimum necessary to get to the schedules. I can't really get into the physiological side (my eyes glaze over at those sections), or the mental side. Maybe if I did, I'd be faster. 

Dave

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Mental side of running: Combination of "it's just running", pace booty, and HTFU depending on what you're trying to get out of it.

You people have issues