Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #171 (Read 27 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Apple temporarily closing 2 stores near Naples FL, 2 near Charlotte NC, one near Greenville SC and 6 in Arizona, mostly in the Phoenix area. Guess this isn't over yet...

KCRuns

HCK, I'm glad you have a diagnosis and it's not a detached retina!  For me, they are mostly triggered by stress (in general or sometimes eye stress from too much screen time) or if I'm not getting enough sleep too many nights in a row.  I've had regular migraines since I was a teenager, but the visual ones only started about 15 years ago.  They are getting worse as I get older, while the regular migraines are getting better, it's weird.  But I'll take the visual migraines over the regular ones any day.  Like SD and Docket, I do sometimes get them while running, and it can be disconcerting, but now that you know what is happening, it shouldn't be too bad.  Just pay closer attention to where you put your feet so you don't trip and fall.  Take notes when it happens so you can figure out your triggers, and know that sometimes it can be a cumulative thing like stress or something that happened or that you ate 24 hours ago, not just in the last few hours.

Yesterday was a busy work day that included a live in person outdoors lunch with a client.  It was fabulous!  We put extra space between us at the table.  I ran 2 miles that morning and didn't have time for anything else because I had to get dressed in real clothes and do hair and makeup which took longer than it should, I"m out of practice.

Today was supposed to be about 12 miles with 6x 1600/800.  After I was all sunscreened up and ready to walk out the door, DH saw an article online that there were rallies/marches planned to start at 9a this morning and the meeting point was the park where I was going to do my repeats.  No thank you, I have no interest in being in a crowd right now.  So I decided to do them on the treadmill - only I wasn't mentally prepared for that and I really struggled.  About a half mile into the first one, I was getting way too hot, so I slowed to a walk and then when my heart rate went down, I stopped and adjusted the fans.  That helped a lot, so I tried again.  Again, made it about half way and heart rate was too high and I felt like I couldn't get enough air in my lungs, slowed to a walk.  After that I just couldn't get my head right so I decided to do fartleks at random paces and varying time lengths so I felt like I did something speedwork related today.  Long story short, I ran 5 miles with some 1:00-3:00 fartleks between 10k and HM pace.

LRB

Hey LRB

Hi, it me. 👋

"I have examples of people who were clearly infected, who are antibody-negative," Fauci said, adding that those people likely have antibodies — just not enough for the test to detect. Other recovered patients, meanwhile, show high antibody counts. It isn't a uniformly robust antibody response"

This whole thing is just so screwed up, and the egregious decision by the FDA to allow non-certified tests to flood the market just made things worse. I am not giving up any more of my blood to be wasted on any of that nonsense. Shit, that's my fitness they're siphoning out through that syringe. And for what? Fake news? No thanks.

DavePNW

I had to get dressed in real clothes and do hair and makeup which took longer than it should, I"m out of practice.

Between unemployment and COVID, I have not worn any pants other than jeans, or any non-casual shoes, for 7 months. With the lone exception of the suit I wore the day I interviewed for my current job. I shave no more than once a week. (I had a beard for a while, but it doesn’t agree with me.) Also during that time I have put gas in my car exactly once. And only because it was low when this started. I still have half a tank. Crazy times.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I would've jogged right past that cluster bomb. lol

I understand why you didn't though. I've never seen anything like that at any track I've ever run at!

So you're saying my bitching is actually warranted for once?! (Seriously, though. Then some of these people get mad at me when I run past them. Just because you're moseying along doesn't mean I need to do the same!!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

In semi-related news, I got so fed up of being home (prompted by a nervous breakdown last weekend... don't ask), I just got the hell out of dodge for a couple of days. The hotel pool is, obviously, closed. This makes me sad. I miss swimming. And I've decided I don't care if I get sick and die after all, so there's that. But the pool is still closed. At least I get to stare at four DIFFERENT walls this weekend from those I normally do.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

In semi-related news, I got so fed up of being home (prompted by a nervous breakdown last weekend... don't ask), I just got the hell out of dodge for a couple of days. The hotel pool is, obviously, closed. This makes me sad. I miss swimming. And I've decided I don't care if I get sick and die after all, so there's that. But the pool is still closed. At least I get to stare at four DIFFERENT walls this weekend from those I normally do.

Next time send out an invite, and we'll meet you there. You know how we roll.