Beginners and Beyond

Saturdays are Funky Cold DAILIESna (Read 36 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Hubby wanted Charlie’s Angels, Baboon, but I prevailed. Big grin

His wife never lets him have anything nice.  I know what that's like!

<3

RunningOnSand

Whiskers, that's some serious mileage. Nicely done! And LOL @ green chocolate chip pancakes. Why green?

LRB, +1 to Cyber;s comment on the wool being magical. Big grin Actually I just thought it was supposed to wick better than that. 

Docket, enjoy the movie!

DH and I want to see Midway. Has anyone seen it yet?

I "ran" 10, and my left hip flexor and hamstring are feeling a bit ornery. Also, my watch is feeling a bit chippy as well, telling me I need 50 hours of recovery time.  Cardio wise I felt fine. Energy wise was a different story but I didn't think watches could pick up on that.

Baboon

delicate flower

Mountain biking complete.  I did not fall.  2.5 hours, 7.5 miles.  Very tough trails...lots of rocks and roots which made for slow going.  My upper body is much more tired than my legs.  Fun ride though.  DW wants me to get a new bike, so we'll work on that next year.  Mine is 13 years old.

Hunter orange since it is bow hunting season.  I did not see any hunters, nor did I take an arrow in the ass.

<3

onemile

I had a workout run today of 16 miles with 3 wu, 4 at 7:00, 2 at 7:35, 4 at 6:50, 3 cd. It went pretty well actually.

DavePNW

Waiting for Ford v Ferrari to begin. 

I want to see that, and may be able to talk DW into it. Guess I can save some money with a weekday matinee!

Dave

Eydawn

I finally went and got a grand piano for the house (and for me). I am so rusty but OMG I bought a beauty. Pics later.

Omg! A full sized grand?! That's awesome. I can't wait to see it. Smile I don't play well at all- I'm a choral singer, but I grew up with a piano in the house and it's a nice thing to have. <3

Turtle Speed!

5K PR: 32:32 (Fort Collins Flying Pig 2016)

10K PR: 1:10:48  (Yeti Chase 2016)

Half Marathon PR: 2:54:32 (Yellowstone Half Marathon 2016)

Eydawn

Ah! But wool is supposedly magical and keeps you warm when it's cold and keeps you cool when it's warm. It's kind of a smart magical fabric! 

Ha. Wool is bullshit and itchy shenanigans for me! Yep, wool allergy...

Funny story about the college days and my now hubby's pants being wool and me not knowing... let's just say I had a little bit of a rash after sitting on his lap! ;-) Also, lanolin? That stuff they push for breastfeeding nipple chap? It's distilled offa sheep wool. No thankee! I stuck to my hippie balm I bought at Target and did just fine.

Turtle Speed!

Eydawn

Hunter orange since it is bow hunting season.  I did not see any hunters, nor did I take an arrow in the ass.

Were only all so smart when in hunting areas during hunting season! Although, I would say, an arrow to the ass would be one I'd have a hard time not laughing at. I've seen my fair share of hunting related injuries in the trauma bay, but that one would be quite memorable...

Turtle Speed!

Cyberic

I had a workout run today of 16 miles with 3 wu, 4 at 7:00, 2 at 7:35, 4 at 6:50, 3 cd. It went pretty well actually.

Sub-3 baby!

Eydawn

Hi all. Started out the week great- did HIIT on Monday and felt like I was starting to hit my stride, headed to work. By the time my shift ended at 0330 Tuesday, I had a 102 degree fever and felt like I had been hit by a truck. Surprise- strep throat! I'm still blaming the little booger who literally sneezed spit all over me at Mass on Sunday. Spent 2 days down with 100+ fever, and finally feel more normal-ish after a couple days of amoxicillin. God bless antibiotics.

Called off work last night, but feel like I can tackle the night shift I'm scheduled for tonight. Did a half hour of yoga to just get some movement in (it's amazing how stiff being down in bed/the sofa can make you!) Hoping to get on the treadmill and get some mileage in tomorrow. It's beautiful but windy out right now, and the weather is supposed to turn (and it smells strongly of wee brun coo- we live less than a mile from a dairy farm, and that wind is pure cow ass right now. *gag*)

2 steps forward, one step back. Except this time, I'm ready to stick with it and keep moving forward every opportunity I get!

Turtle Speed!

LRB

I run on a mountain that is open to hunters from November till March. I only run on it from March till November. lol

LRB

Very nice. It took a minute for me to figure that out! Is it essentially two 4 mile segments at GMP (or thereabouts) with a 2 mile float in between?

onemile

Very nice. It took a minute for me to figure that out! Is it essentially two 4 mile segments at GMP (or thereabouts) with a 2 mile float in between?

7:00 is supposed to be the GMP and the second is GMP -10

(My coach assigned the paces)

sdWhiskers

Whiskers, that's some serious mileage. Nicely done! And LOL @ green chocolate chip pancakes. Why green?

We were at IHOP last weekend and I let him get some crazy Christmas pancake gut buster.  Green with sprinkles and lots of other terrible non-breakfast dessert goodies so he asked for that. We compromised a bit.

LRB

7:00 is supposed to be the GMP and the second is GMP -10

(My coach assigned the paces)

Boom. Right on the money! 💰💵💲