Beginners and Beyond

Freaky FriDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

You guys can run in boxing gloves, and I will respect that as a necessary thing.

lmao - That was funny. My big ones aren't far from it!  They solved a lot of problems though so I don't mind looking like an idiot, something I'm already good at because running. 

Baboon

delicate flower

3 mile jog done that felt like more work than it should.  The kind of run that makes you wonder how the hell you're supposed to race the next day.

<3

DavePNW

3 mile jog done that felt like more work than it should.  The kind of run that makes you wonder how the hell you're supposed to know you are going to kill the race the next day.

FYP. Because running is a mystery like that.

Dave

DavePNW

Duuuuuude, I had to do some work the other night, and hubs was bored so he made challah bread pudding.  (He'd made the challah too.)  O.M.G. I've found my new favorite vehicle for the consumption of butter.  I love me some French toast, but this was next fucking level. 

WANT. Can I borrow your husband?

If you want to maximize fat content, my wife makes chocolate bread pudding, but instead of bread uses pound cake. You read that right.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 with 6 at HM pace. All 6 started with a 9, so progress.

We had leftover Nutella at work this summer (how, I don't know). I made baked French toast with it spread on brioche. I put some strawberries on it for healthy stuff.

DavePNW

I have been to Victoria quite a few times (remember, I'm from up there Wink ) and agree wholeheartedly that it's nothing short of gorgeous.  I didn't know it was a flat course... that's an intriguing idea.

I'm kind of on pins and needles waiting for your RR from Eugene.  My mom lives there, so free accommodations.  I would have to tell her what I was doing though, which I don't love.  I didn't tell her I ran LA until Monday after it was over.  I don't trust my family not to interject themselves into my plans, so we'd have to have some sort of code of secrecy going into it.  The rest of them live there too, and I don't like spectators or any of that.  I'm a loner when it comes to these things.  My fingers are crossed for you that you get spectacular weather.

I've run the Butte to Butte in Eugene, and that was not flat   The hill at the very beginning is unreal.  Like should I run, or just put out my hands and crawl up?  With that memory in my head, I'm interested to see what the marathon course ends up looking like.

Victoria was not quite pancake flat, but was flat enough, and was the site of my first BQ.

I don't remember you mentioning your family living in Eugene. My son has lived there since last fall. (But I will be staying at a hotel rather than crashing on the couch at his skanky apartment.) I totally understand the cone of silence approach when it comes to parents/siblings. My wife has a crapton of family in Oregon (she grew up near Salem), but mainly Portland area or the coast (mom in Lincoln City). I'm sure most of them DGAF about me running a marathon. Although I ran Newport last year, and we met MIL for lunch at the Rogue brewery after. Which was nice.

You can look at the Eugene course map on the race site. The first 9-10 miles is an out & back along Amazon Drive, then the rest of the way is mostly on the riverfront trail (which I've run a bunch of times, and is pretty flat). The site shows elevation too; a few bumps but nothing too serious.

Dave

DavePNW

We had leftover Nutella at work this summer (how, I don't know). I made baked French toast with it spread on brioche. I put some strawberries on it for healthy stuff.

Want this too.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You guys have been busy!  Or I have and I haven't been able to check in!

What a fucking week.  And to top it off, as I was leaving for the weekend I got my biggest bankruptcy case ever, with $136 million in assets/liabilities.  Kill me now.  I left my laptop at the office, no fucks given.  It can all wait. I think I'll be clocking 70 hours of work this week.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have always wondered why was the US so slow in embracing Nutella.  That shit has been around since I was born and it's very popular in Latin America.  Just like with Ricky Martin.   Try to catch up, guys!

Damaris

DavePNW

I have always wondered why was the US so slow in embracing Nutella.  That shit has been around since I was born and it's very popular in Latin America.  Just like with Ricky Martin.   Try to catch up, guys!

Wut? Nutella is huge here.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wut? Nutella is huge here.

It is... NOW.  But it's been a big thing since I was born in Latin America (it's started in 1964!).  It's a relatively new thing in the US.  New as in 10+ years being this famous vs 40.

I remember being in law school and the students there JUST discovering Nutella.  I was like where have you been for 30 years?

From an article on the Daily Beast:

"While Nutella is a relatively new product for American consumers, it has lined European pantry shelves for decades. On the Continent, the public’s passion for Nutella has driven hungry citizens and even politicians to great lengths."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-nutella-conquered-america

Damaris

Coastal

I seem to remember Nutella (or maybe something like it) from a long time ago so maybe it was around in the PNW?.  It's best eaten with a spoon, although a finger works in a pinch.  Can't have that stuff in the house....  Definitely not on French toast and bacon.

LM:  I'd recommend Eugene.  It's a good course, not crazy big, and was going to mention it before Dave did.   Bet your mom would love a surprise visit in a month or so .  After all, you're in shape for it.  Just kidding.  How big of an event do you want?

6.38 on the TM.  Might have had a bug the last few days.  Just couldn't get much done and bagged it completely yesterday.  Felt a bit better today.

sdWhiskers

It is... NOW.  But it's been a big thing since I was born in Latin America (it's started in 1964!).  It's a relatively new thing in the US.  New as in 10+ years being this famous vs 40.

I was lucky to discover Nutella in the mid 90s. But only because my bff growing up had a German mother. She had a lot of trouble finding it in a store, especially in central PA.

RunningOnSand

I ran RnR Arizona (in Phoenix) in mid-Jan this year. It was 70 degrees for most of the race. I would go farther north....

70? Holy balls that sucks. Late start? Mine was 39* at 6:00am.

RunningOnSand

WANT. Can I borrow your husband?

If you want to maximize fat content, my wife makes chocolate bread pudding, but instead of bread uses pound cake. You read that right.

OKay okay. Dudes. Recipes pretty plz. To both you and LM’s husband.