Beginners and Beyond

Keep Your Distance SaturDAILIES (Read 29 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran.

2 mile warm up.

10K race in 41:42.

1.6 mile cool down.

45 seconds short of my PR.  I did my best under the conditions.  19 degrees.  So much for a warmer day.  It was icy for a solid 3.5 miles of that race...very difficult to find solid footing, and constant slippage underfoot that was such an energy sap.  I couldn't just run.  I had to constantly try pick my way around ice and snow when I could, and there were long stretches where I had no choice but to run on it.  9/75 overall though and 1/11 AG.  My first AG win that wasn't a 5K, and I took it by about a minute.  Not the time I wanted, but pretty happy with my performance from a race perspective.

<3

LRB

I ran.

2 mile warm up.

1.6 mile cool down.

45 seconds short of my PR.  I did my best under the conditions.  19 degrees.  So much for a warmer day.  It was icy for a solid 3.5 miles of that race...very difficult to find solid footing, and constant slippage underfoot that was such an energy sap.  I couldn't just run.  I had to constantly try pick my way around ice and snow when I could, and there were long stretches where I had no choice but to run on it.  9/75 overall though and 1/11 AG.  My first AG win that wasn't a 5K, and I took it by about a minute.  Not the time I wanted, but pretty happy with my performance from a race perspective.

Excellent!

DavePNW

I ran.

2 mile warm up.

1.6 mile cool down.

Super impressive, under those conditions. Well done.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job on those conditions!

Damaris

DavePNW

Actually, it wasn't a bad flick, just long. So pee before you go, like ten times, then pee some more, and again before the previews!

I'll treat it just like a race.

We watched all the trailers together, and agreed on Hateful 8.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice race Baboon. The cold & ice make for a rough run. It's impressive that you could come so close to your PR in those conditions. Congrats on the AG win.

Half Crazy K 2.0

So got a question about running clubs. There are races the next 2 weekends that I may do (assuming no more 2 feet of snow). Both are the local running club. A yearly membership is $22. I figured it out that if I do 4 or 5 of their events, the savings would be equal to the member ship. So in that sense it kinda makes sense. But I am not the social running type. On weekends, I like to get up on my own schedule and run when I feel like it. So does it make sense for me to join if I am not the social running type?

LRB

I'll treat it just like a race.

We watched all the trailers together, and agreed on Hateful 8.

Great choice. Now you can go to the porta potty without missing any of the action.

LRB

So got a question about running clubs. There are races the next 2 weekends that I may do (assuming no more 2 feet of snow). Both are the local running club. A yearly membership is $22. I figured it out that if I do 4 or 5 of their events, the savings would be equal to the member ship. So in that sense it kinda makes sense. But I am not the social running type. On weekends, I like to get up on my own schedule and run when I feel like it. So does it make sense for me to join if I am not the social running type?

If the savings is equal to the membership, then you lose nothing by joining. But by doing so, give yourself access to company should you need it on a long run during the summer months, when running in the heat can be a chore.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I ran.

45 seconds short of my PR.

Nice!

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

I joined one for $25 to run one of their races for free. I never plan to run with any club members (or generally anyone, period), and may not do one of their races again. Just did it for the race.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm a member of my running club by membership only.  Since they support the local running community, I am happy to give them membership money every year.

<3

onemile

I am a member of the running club here but don't do any of the club events or fun runs.  But (for $15) it gives me half price admission to the indoor track, 10% off at the local running stores and discounted prices for some of their races.  The track discount alone more than pays for it.

workinprogress11

Super impressive, under those conditions. Well done.

+1 I would have ended up on my ass.

I only had time for 3 so far. Hopefully I can sneak 2 or 3 more in later.

Cyberic

I ran.

2 mile warm up.

1.6 mile cool down.

Nice! When conditions are good, race for time, when they're bad, race for position. You finished 1st AG by a minute. There ya go!