Beginners and Beyond

RBF Thursdailies (Read 38 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Does the cost outweigh the risk of not having it?

Well, it's kind of like any kind of insurance... you pay for it and hope you don't need it.  I've only had to take advantage of it once, the first year I owned it.  But SHOULD something happen (which it inevitably will, at some point), paying to fix it would be far more expensive than this already-expensive warranty.  Which has been updated to include five pairs of shorts (or four of the sports performance shorts, which are my preference) per warranty year, so there's that, I guess?  If they make me pay for shipping for those shorts I'm going to lose my mind.

And not having the AlterG is unthinkable.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I felt similarly (shedding tears, but on the behalf of my bank account) yesterday after I paid for my dog's vet bill. The good news is, she does not have Lyme Disease or heartworm. Her limping is likely just a muscle strain. So after doing blood work, her exam, buying heart worm meds, anti tick stuff (an oral version of Frontguard), I shelled out $500. And I found out she has to have her teeth cleaned, too, so that'll be another $300. Merry Christmas to me!

I feel your pain. Boy, do I.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I felt similarly (shedding tears, but on the behalf of my bank account) yesterday after I paid for my dog's vet bill. The good news is, she does not have Lyme Disease or heartworm. Her limping is likely just a muscle strain. So after doing blood work, her exam, buying heart worm meds, anti tick stuff (an oral version of Frontguard), I shelled out $500. And I found out she has to have her teeth cleaned, too, so that'll be another $300. Merry Christmas to me!

Running related, it's a SRD here. 

Baboon I had to laugh at your description of PT boy and you crying. I have a massage therapist who makes me cry nearly every time, but I feel amazing afterwards. No pain no gain?

Ouch!  I am sure onemile beats us with her large vet bill, but Bugsy is competing with Trixie on highest vet bills in the house ever (she was $7500 then).  Hershey was so jealous he made me spend $650 to find out he was constipated.  Hoping they all quiet down and stay healthy for a few months.

Damaris

LRB

Well, it's kind of like any kind of insurance... you pay for it and hope you don't need it.  I've only had to take advantage of it once, the first year I owned it.  But SHOULD something happen (which it inevitably will, at some point), paying to fix it would be far more expensive than this already-expensive warranty.  Which has been updated to include five pairs of shorts (or four of the sports performance shorts, which are my preference) per warranty year, so there's that, I guess?  If they make me pay for shipping for those shorts I'm going to lose my mind.

And not having the AlterG is unthinkable.

I feel you. When I thought my shin was broken in three places, I gladly paid $25 per session to get my fix...speaking of which, it would probably be cheaper to use actual drugs. lol

LRB

Yeah that was like an everlasting nightmare!

Baboon

delicate flower

HOORAY, my two new pairs of running shoes have been delivered!!!  Now that I can't run.

<3

Took today off from work as my customer has the flu and I'm staying far away. Don't need that before Christmas.

Went to to my local hilly park for an easy 7. 8:17avg pace. Felt really good

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

GC100k

Pleasant sunny day out there today. I should get out. But it looks like rain all Saturday, so I'm going to do my long run tomorrow and rest today. Did an upper body workout this morning. Used the 120 lb dumbbells today.

Runshortii

Onemile, how is Gracie recovering these days?

i ran 5. Then I looked at my plan and realized I was only supposed to run 4. Oops

zzyzx

Forgot to post... Lat, long pull, seated leg and then stair day. It was a tad over 41 minutes but I don't really count it as I had to take a break midway as nature called.

onemile

Yeah that was like an everlasting nightmare!

It's not over yet... right now we are waiting for the open wound on her inner leg to close as much as it will on its own and then she will likely need a skin graft.

Hey peeps.  Onemile, with all this vet talk, how's Gracie doing?  [ETA, I see you got this question already.  Poor kid, what a mess.]  ROS, that sucks.  I don't remember what it cost when my puppy got sick, but they thought he might have Parvo, so there was some crazy $$$ test they did in the office to get instant results.  At that moment, I did not care, but OMG, after they had to also give him IV fluids and whatever other vet crap they did, the bill was staggering.  I was super glad he did not have Parvo, and I'm guessing you are on the same wavelength as far as not Lyme disease, but still.  Hope she's feeling better soon!

Dude, LRB, me too with "I can't warm up."  I've been freezing for the past 3 days, and despite turning up the shower to that temp where it makes your skin look like you lit it on fire, I still can't get warm.

I went running, but man, I'm tired.  I had to move SRD to this Sunday, so haven't had a day off since last Monday and I'm starting to feel it.  I skipped speed yesterday, but got in 9 easy, and another 8 this morning.  This morning was very unpleasant, it was windy AF, like 18 mph with crazy gusts.  I don't like being pummeled by road detritus, and it made it flat out hard work in addition to painful at times.  The wind is supposed to be gone tomorrow, which cannot happen soon enough.  It's a PITA driving in this crap.

We're leaving on Sunday for Kauai.  I've never been there, and haven't been to Hawaii at all since 1997 or so.  The time share place has a treadmill, so that's locked down, but I'm hoping for some sidewalk running around the area.  We're staying in Princeville.  Anyone here have any tips?

onemile

Onemile, how is Gracie recovering these days?

i ran 5. Then I looked at my plan and realized I was only supposed to run 4. Oops

She is actually doing really well and within the past week I have noticed she is using her injured leg wayyy more (vs holding it up) and even using it (very carefully) to scratch her nose. 

RunningOnSand

I actually thought of you. I cannot even fathom your expenses on Gracie this year. Poor girl. And poor you. Sad

RunningOnSand

Ouch!  I am sure onemile beats us with her large vet bill, but Bugsy is competing with Trixie on highest vet bills in the house ever (she was $7500 then).  Hershey was so jealous he made me spend $650 to find out he was constipated.  Hoping they all quiet down and stay healthy for a few months.

Seventy-five HUNDRED? Oh holy moly.  And $650 for the poop test. Oh man. I agree--hoping all our animals can stay and remain healthy!!!