Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies on the 26th (Read 41 times)

LRB

25 on the trainer.  May drag myself to the climbing gym tonight to see if I still know how that even works...

So what's the deal with the screen freezing on that Aston Martin of yours? How often has that happened?

LRB

bluerun

Super B****

So what's the deal with the screen freezing on that Aston Martin of yours? How often has that happened?

First time!!  I started running and realized that the timer was working but the pace fields just said --:-- and the distance stayed at 0.00, so I stopped and discarded the activity, and it got stuck on the "discarding" screen.  Went inside, plugged it in to unfreeze the screen, tried again, same thing happened, only this time it got stuck on the "saving" screen.  So then I turned it off and on after plugging it in, which seemed to fix it.  I will freak out if this happens when it counts.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

It snowed. Sigh. Isn't it almost April?

I "ran" 3.5. My body just wasn't feeling it.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Did you pick that specific car brand on purpose?  If so, that was genius!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Spent the morning migrating the PC at work to Windows 10 (I assume the rest of the world is at Windows 100 as it's normally with these updates that are so far behind from real life).  Finally have my stuff and ooh, we now have Chrome. Score!

I have 7 miles and maybe weights.

You guys made me laugh with the happylily reference.  I am with SD, my body wants to be slow, normally.

Damaris

DavePNW

Afternoon!  Spent the morning migrating the PC at work to Windows 10 (I assume the rest of the world is at Windows 100 as it's normally with these updates that are so far behind from real life).  Finally have my stuff and ooh, we now have Chrome. Score!

Nope! Way back at Windows 7 here, and sticking with it as long as they allow. I also have a 3+ year old laptop for work, which they'd probably replace if I asked, but I'm with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.

When I get on Windows 10 (maybe 8 is the same, I don't remember), I feel like I have never used a computer in my life. A whole screen full of useless icons, while the most basic functions are buried deep in some unfindable location..

Dave

LRB

Did you pick that specific car brand on purpose?  If so, that was genius!

You see the ticket on that thing? My watch is a Chevette. lol

Nope! Way back at Windows 7 here, and sticking with it as long as they allow. I also have a 3+ year old laptop for work, which they'd probably replace if I asked, but I'm with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.

When I get on Windows 10 (maybe 8 is the same, I don't remember), I feel like I have never used a computer in my life. A whole screen full of useless icons, while the most basic functions are buried deep in some unfindable location..

Ditto.  Our stupid billing software isn't compatible with anything newer, so....  Apparently it's difficult to find laptops that will run 7.  At least that's the load of BS I was given as the explanation for how fucking giant my laptop is.  It's huge.  Like gaming style huge.  I'm not, and it's heavy AF.  I'm 99% sure that our IT group is out to get us though, so it follows.

Dismal and frustrating weekend of running.  Saturday was ok I suppose, 3 something easy.  Sunday was supposed to be 8, but I had to buy a present for a birthday party that started at 10, run, and shower to make it there on time.  There was a half marathon going on that no one bothered to tell any of the people who live there would be happening, and I couldn't get to the fucking freeway to go to the store when I left at 6:45 a.m.  Worse was trying to get home, they'd blocked off all but one entrance to the main road my street is off of.  I yelled at a police officer (I generally like those guys, but he was a DICK) when he refused to let me follow three cars that were going where I needed to go under the claim that "the road is blocked."  But not for them.  Despite the fact that they don't fucking live here.  Asshole.

Anyway, by the time I got home and wrapped the stupid gift, I was 35 minutes late to start running, so only got in 5.5.  I was pissed though, so we're calling it a tempo run.  Not quite murder pace, but close to it.

I'm out of motivation and out of sorts and generally feel angry and shitty, and did not run this morning, which makes all those things worse.  Forecast is awful for any chance of running tonight, so likely this mindset will just get worse.  Solution is to sign up for another race, but the most convenient timing/locale I found is a nude race, and HELL TO THE NO.

onemile

I forgot my garmin at home so I almost had to cancel my run today but then I remembered I have the strava app on my phone. 

DavePNW

I'm out of motivation and out of sorts and generally feel angry and shitty, and did not run this morning, which makes all those things worse.  Forecast is awful for any chance of running tonight, so likely this mindset will just get worse.  Solution is to sign up for another race, but the most convenient timing/locale I found is a nude race, and HELL TO THE NO.

My 2 cents: you just marathoned, so give yourself plenty of time to not GAF about how much or how far you run.

There was someone here who did a nude race; the regulars will remember, but best not to get into it.

Oh and my laptop is a pretty reasonable size. Maybe not super-sleek & lightweight by today's standards, but not bad.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Solution is to sign up for another race, but the most convenient timing/locale I found is a nude race, and HELL TO THE NO.

This, I must see.   Hope you find your next race soon.  One with clothes.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

DavePNW

I forgot my garmin at home so I almost had to cancel my run today but then I remembered I have the strava app on my phone. 

I haven't forgotten my Garmin yet, but I've always assumed this would be the backup plan. God forbid we just go for a run, it's not like we wouldn't be able to get the distance to the nearest 0.1 on a regular route.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Ditto.  Our stupid billing software isn't compatible with anything newer, so....  Apparently it's difficult to find laptops that will run 7.  At least that's the load of BS I was given as the explanation for how fucking giant my laptop is.  It's huge.  Like gaming style huge.  I'm not, and it's heavy AF.  I'm 99% sure that our IT group is out to get us though, so it follows.

Dismal and frustrating weekend of running.  Saturday was ok I suppose, 3 something easy.  Sunday was supposed to be 8, but I had to buy a present for a birthday party that started at 10, run, and shower to make it there on time.  There was a half marathon going on that no one bothered to tell any of the people who live there would be happening, and I couldn't get to the fucking freeway to go to the store when I left at 6:45 a.m.  Worse was trying to get home, they'd blocked off all but one entrance to the main road my street is off of.  I yelled at a police officer (I generally like those guys, but he was a DICK) when he refused to let me follow three cars that were going where I needed to go under the claim that "the road is blocked."  But not for them.  Despite the fact that they don't fucking live here.  Asshole.

Anyway, by the time I got home and wrapped the stupid gift, I was 35 minutes late to start running, so only got in 5.5.  I was pissed though, so we're calling it a tempo run.  Not quite murder pace, but close to it.

You could not pay me enough money to make me do that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Someone also had posted a link to their local nude race. There was no warning about the pictures.