Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #195 (Read 24 times)

DavePNW

we were supposed to go to Northern Michigan ("Up North") on Sunday but DW  wasn't comfortable with the whole thing. We were going to stay at a hotel with a full kitchen, balcony and really wouldn't have had much contact with anyone if we so chose. But, can't really blame her and no fun going if she would be nervous the whole time. So, instead took today off and will take a few more Monday's or Fridays this month.

Yeah the rest of my family is pretty uncomfortable about going anywhere. So looks like we won’t. DW has talked about renting an RV to avoid hotels etc. I do not want to drive a fucking RV. 

And hey, all you people dealing with the crazy hot weather - when does it get hot enough to kill the ‘rona?

Dave

LRB

late poster here...ran 3 easy ones and did some upper body weights this morning. Took the day off work and spent it working around the house...

we were supposed to go to Northern Michigan ("Up North") on Sunday but DW  wasn't comfortable with the whole thing. We were going to stay at a hotel with a full kitchen, balcony and really wouldn't have had much contact with anyone if we so chose. But, can't really blame her and no fun going if she would be nervous the whole time. So, instead took today off and will take a few more Monday's or Fridays this month.

The Detroit Free Press marathon hasn't cancelled yet..

The thing with that one, and the red flag, is that it involves entering another country. With a registration that closes 6 weeks before the race for processing and clearance purposes, it's the closest thing to a sucker's bet one will ever see. I would actually register for it if I thought it was going to be held but in this current climate, nope.

LRB

Yeah the rest of my family is pretty uncomfortable about going anywhere. So looks like we won’t. DW has talked about renting an RV to avoid hotels etc. I do not want to drive a fucking RV. 

And hey, all you people dealing with the crazy hot weather - when does it get hot enough to kill the ‘rona?

I've driven an RV, a couple actually. It's about as simple as driving a Chevy suburban to be honest with you. I had no trouble at all and you wouldn't either after all of your years driving on I-696.

bluerun

Super B****

The thing with that one, and the red flag, is that it involves entering another country. With a registration that closes 6 weeks before the race for processing and clearance purposes, it's the closest thing to a sucker's bet one will ever see. I would actually register for it if I thought it was going to be held but in this current climate, nope.

If you ask Sprint, I did that today...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

yeah, funny how summer weather was going to kill the virus while we waited for a fall surge...

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I'm actually registered as I took a deferral last year when I came down with my usual late training cycle issue. Hopefully, I can use my entry for the next race, whenever that is.

DavePNW

I've driven an RV, a couple actually. It's about as simple as driving a Chevy suburban to be honest with you. I had no trouble at all and you wouldn't either after all of your years driving on I-696.

Well I wouldn’t want to drive a Suburban either. Although I did have a Ford Expedition for a while as a company car. Which I also did not like. Incidentally I saw an article about all the shit that novice RV drivers run into. Gonna save that for the next time DW brings it up. 

And yeah I spent plenty of time on 696 but the main thing I remember was when there was no traffic, going 85 and being passed like I was standing still.

Dave

DavePNW

The Detroit Free Press marathon hasn't cancelled yet... 

How about now?

Dave

sdWhiskers

Today looks like a rest day for me, ending my "streak" at 37 days and 299.9 miles.

I never know or plan when to take the stupid things, they just happen organically. I wasn't in the mood to head out for a run this morning and the thought of what onemile suggested yesterday appealed to me, so that's what I did, even though it wasn't directed at me: "you could always just sit and enjoy a cup of coffee and some quiet"

Kept things going myself. Smell finally dissipated and I got in 5 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

How about now?

Don't worry. I'll announce it when it happens. :-P

PS, registration for it is still open, FFS.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

I keep hearing people talking about returning to normal and I just don't know that it's going to happen anytime soon...

The farther along we get on this journey, the more I agree with you. Back in March, I thought for sure the Mesa-Phx HM would be a go in Feb 2021. Now I'm wondering.

RunningOnSand

don't you know, this is all going to go away after the election?

lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The farther along we get on this journey, the more I agree with you. Back in March, I thought for sure the Mesa-Phx HM would be a go in Feb 2021. Now I'm wondering.

The more idiotic people behave, the longer before we can do a race and before we can travel to Europe. I was hoping Spring 2021 was good but now I wonder as well if we will race in 2021 at this pace.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

The more idiotic people behave, the longer before we can do a race and before we can travel to Europe. I was hoping Spring 2021 was good but now I wonder as well if we will race in 2021 at this pace.

For real though. On all counts.