Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

That went much better than expected.  I am pleasantly surprised that I did not struggle.

Bike season? Shouldn't you be training for Philly?

Cyberic

I ran 10.6 with 2x(8x200 with 200 jog)

Cyberic

I can't speak for Hudson but there are a half dozen or so runners I am following on Instagram who run fast almost as much as they run easy. A couple of them even race on Saturday and Sunday, all the time! Anyway, I think the idea of maintaining quick leg turnover using strides and short repeats throughout the week is the rule, not the exception. I for one am all for it. I had gone completely away from that.

That is very tiring, though. Running fast takes more out of me than running slow (duh!). So in my case, if I were to run fast half of the time, I'd need to run less.

onemile

This is the new coveted gold star 

I ran 6 with 4 at tempo (was supposed to run a mile cool down but said FTS) then went to Kroger dressed like an idiot for a recovery drink. I came across a winter ale that I loved from back in the day by Griffin Claw called 3 Scrooges. Yep, now I'm higher than shit.

I used to live 1/2 mile from Griffin Claw, except it was called Big Rock back then.

Dave