Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 32 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

They look highly functional for cold weather, just something about the appearance makes me laugh. My brain is fried after the week I've had, hah. One more day and then weekend.

Looks like they were designed for Vulcans.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol. Live long and prosper...in the snow.

Ran 5 at 11:46mm. Almost there.

Damaris

Zelanie

Just turned in my 18-page "surprise" final exam for my current class.  I guess I would have known it was coming if I had read the syllabus.   "Luckily" I have a cold today so I stayed home from work and finished my paper.  My tonsils are super swollen, yuk.

So, did I miss anything?  I'll probably run a mile today to keep the streak alive, but this week's miles are not looking so hot.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just turned in my 18-page "surprise" final exam for my current class.  I guess I would have known it was coming if I had read the syllabus.   "Luckily" I have a cold today so I stayed home from work and finished my paper.  My tonsils are super swollen, yuk.

So, did I miss anything?  I'll probably run a mile today to keep the streak alive, but this week's miles are not looking so hot.

School can suck.

Get out there and run. We have first place to maintain Too bad your paper is done, I found I could bang them out after a run/bike ride/exercise.

Zelanie

School can suck.

Get out there and run. We have first place to maintain Too bad your paper is done, I found I could bang them out after a run/bike ride/exercise.

I know, the pressure!  I am the weak link right now!  The problem is that my throat is sort of closed off by my tonsils atm.  I don't have a stuffy nose or anything, it's weird.  But breathing is sort of important for running.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I know, the pressure!  I am the weak link right now!  The problem is that my throat is sort of closed off by my tonsils atm.  I don't have a stuffy nose or anything, it's weird.  But breathing is sort of important for running.

I had the sore throat crap in January. It's no fun.

Cyberic

2 x 3 km W/2 mins. Finished work early and got that run in. Good thing because when we got to soccer practice, turns out it was cancelled. Since I already ran today, I don't have to run again. I only do it to pass time.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Feel better and congrats on the exam, Z.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 6 with 4 at tempo (was supposed to run a mile cool down but said FTS) then went to Kroger dressed like an idiot for a recovery drink. I came across a winter ale that I loved from back in the day by Griffin Claw called 3 Scrooges. Yep, now I'm higher than shit.

onemile

I ran 10.6 with 2x(8x200 with 200 jog)

LRB

Today was listed as an "easy" 5.  Which is funny since just a few months ago anything over about 4 miles was considered a medium long run.

With 4 tomorrow with 4 X 100 strides, I'm not really getting much down time for my race on Saturday.  I'm not expecting my legs will be all that fresh.

I can't speak for Hudson but there are a half dozen or so runners I am following on Instagram who run fast almost as much as they run easy. A couple of them even race on Saturday and Sunday, all the time! Anyway, I think the idea of maintaining quick leg turnover using strides and short repeats throughout the week is the rule, not the exception. I for one am all for it. I had gone completely away from that.

No more marathons

I ran 10.6 with 2x(8x200 with 200 jog)

Whoa - that's some short, fast shit.

When do I get to do that?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I can't speak for Hudson but there are a half dozen or so runners I am following on Instagram who run fast almost as much as they run easy. A couple of them even race on Saturday and Sunday, all the time! Anyway, I think the idea of maintaining quick leg turnover using strides and short repeats throughout the week is the rule, not the exception. I for one am all for it. I had gone completely away from that.

Yeah, the 4 or 6 or 8 X 100 strides seems to be a staple of the easy/recovery days with Hudson.

I agree that it doesn't really take much out of you on an otherwise easy run, but it does help to keep the leg speed up.

It will be interesting to see where I'm at with this race on Saturday.

I did improve by 20 seconds on the 5K a couple weeks ago.  I ran this same race last year so I'll have another good point of comparison for my current training.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

Whoa - that's some short, fast shit.

When do I get to do that?

This was actually supposed to be my Florida workout cuz I couldn't breathe on my tempo run last Saturday in the warmth/humidity (but I was too tired to do it when I was there (on Tues) 

Baboon

delicate flower

Bike session tonight and I am probably going to suffer a bit on it.

That went much better than expected.  I am pleasantly surprised that I did not struggle.

<3