Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies: Running swampstyle. (Read 38 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FS - how much do you feel the heat impacted your pace?

I've got a workout on my plan tomorrow of 12 X 200 at 1500 race pace.  For this PhatOldMan that equates to about 46 seconds for each 200.  But I'll be running at noon with a temp of 85 and dew point of 68.  I'm thinking that's going to add AT LEAST a couple of seconds per interval.

I was pouring ice cold water on my head during the recovery laps, I'm sure the heat and humidity takes it's toll but the water helps.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Quick question.

I post on the loop section of RW, and someone mentioned that I should use the lap time instead of pace time.

When I post on here about my track workouts, should I post the lap time instead of pace for ya'll? Or do you guys get the idea?

Late to the party. Traveling yesterday (and today, but not before I get a quick run in...)

I used to post my pace because I was doing my intervals anywhere, and my GPS watch would tell me when I had reached the end (400m for example), and often I would do fixed time intervals, so giving the time of the split was pretty pointless Smile

Now that I actually run at a track, I like to look at (and post) my lap times.

Whatever, though.

LRB

...and often I would do fixed time intervals, so giving the time of the split was pretty pointless Smile

5 x 5 minutes, 10 x 2 minutes, and 1 minute "on" with 1 minute "off" repeats are examples of that.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Late to the party. Traveling yesterday (and today, but not before I get a quick run in...)

I used to post my pace because I was doing my intervals anywhere, and my GPS watch would tell me when I had reached the end (400m for example), and often I would do fixed time intervals, so giving the time of the split was pretty pointless Smile

Now that I actually run at a track, I like to look at (and post) my lap times.

Whatever, though.

It might take me a while to get used to looking at the time, since I'm focusing on getting faster and dropping my min/mile pace.

I'm definitely beginning to notice a difference with my butt though.......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

No, we're stupid. 

You can post either, or both. I usually just post my splits, but have in the past posted the pace.

I post splits because my Garmin is always wildly off on the pace on tracks.