Beginners and Beyond

All Hallows Eve DAILIES (Read 37 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My DH will never run, he will never get it, and he isn't as supportive as he used to be Sad

I seriously need a treadmill.

What I meant by easy was it sounds like it comes easy when some of you who I consider close to god/dess status talk about certain things like it's either no big deal or so easy, like it's just a race or it's only so and so miles. It makes me feel kind of ridiculous feeling the way I do about these things  I have nowhere else to turn to and talk about my obsession with an active lifestyle, so your eyes/ears/brains must suffer me 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

My DH will never run, he will never get it, and he isn't as supportive as he used to be Sad

Take off a couple of months and pack on about 50 pounds, see what he thinks of your running then.

Cyberic

Why not? You're on a roll right now. Might as well see where it takes you.

For me it's laughable, I'll be lucky to run a half at a 6:17 pace per mile, let alone 26 of them bitches.

I was speaking in a theoretical manner. This past summer, just putting on the miles I did was hard on the family. I got some heat from the woman. At most, I'll put in the same amount of miles for my coming marathon, but it probably will be less because of winter.

To be able to run a sub 3 marathon, at my age, with the experience I have and the mileage I'm able to put in, is a far fetched dream.

So for me it's laughable too, I'll be lucky to run a half at a 6:17 pace per mile, let alone 26 of them bitches.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Take off a couple of months and pack on about 50 pounds, see what he thinks of your running then.

Lol, dude I don't even want to.... God only knows how hard it would be to get that off.

He's always talking about balance. I am obsessed with running, he's obsessed with building the business.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.... I think

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I know that I don't have the motivation or dedication to train to my limit.  I don't actually have the motivation to do much more than I am doing right now actually.

LRB

I was speaking in a theoretical manner.

Yes, I realized that. Since you haven't wasted any marathons running them before you should like I did, the room to take a jump in finishing times might be there.

Mmmmm...beer

Nice bling Zel!  I think in all of the races I've done the awards were based on gun time.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

workinprogress11

The Halloween candy carb load worked!  I ran a 25sec PR today at the Spinx Runfest 5k, my 18:32 was good enough for 3rd place male, and 5th overall.

That's a very nice PR!  Congrats on that and the AG and overall placements. Great job!