Beginners and Beyond

Driving Miss DAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

LRB

I've seen both and each was entertaining in their own right.  The monkey movie was well done and the CGI was pretty impressive, but it could have been about 30 minutes shorter - no need for all the anguished  monkey face close ups.

Atomic Blonde was full of action and plot twists.  Suspension of belief is necessary - but at least the hero looks like she's been in a fight when she's been in a fight - know what I mean?

Agreed.

Not sure I'll make it to see AB today, but I will at some point.

Runshortii

As DaveP would say, racing is serious bizness. Mile 6 notwithstanding, your splits look really good. That tenth of a mile added an extra 44 seconds to your time. Were there others who came up with that?

I'm not sure. But when I look at the map view on RA it has the course listed as 10.08, so maybe it was a tad long. I also suck at running tangents. Yeah that mile 6 is where I seriously considered walking the rest of it lol

DavePNW

Nice racing, shortii!

Dave

DavePNW

Yesterday was my 15th career AG win. 

Dave

LRB

You're rackin' and stackin' them bitches.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice race Runshortii. The taste of Wisconsin sounds good, but like you said, probably not the best pre-race dinner.

No more marathons

Nice.  That's fun, isn't it?  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Runshortii

That's awesome!

Baboon

delicate flower

I raced the Cudahy Classic 10 miler this morning and stuff

Nice job, shorti!!

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Sweet!!  Nice job on your race yesterday.  I read the recap but I missed if you mentioned what your swag was (same goes for shortii).

I ran 5 miles today.  30.4 for the week, plus the swimming and biking.

<3

DavePNW

swag

Jack squat. I had to leave kind of early after the race, so I asked about it in advance and they said it was a certificate. So I didn't worry about it. Also there was a raffle that everyone's bib # went and so many prizes they said last year 25% of people won something. And some really good stuff, like a $150 Brooks gift certificate. But I came up empty on that too. The numbers immediately before & after me won.

It was a $25 race, which is pretty cheap around these parts. So no chip timing or medals (thankfully on the latter). But I guess you have to pay extra for the additional 0.1 miles.

Dave

LRB

Jack squat. I had to leave kind of early after the race, so I asked about it in advance and they said it was a certificate. So I didn't worry about it. Also there was a raffle that everyone's bib # went and so many prizes they said last year 25% of people won something. And some really good stuff, like a $150 Brooks gift certificate. But I came up empty on that too. The numbers immediately before & after me won.

DavePNW

Ha. It's all about the glory anyway.

Dave

LRB

Ha. It's all about the glory anyway.

Location, location, location? In Michigan, you get bling at some races for placing in the top FIVE ffs. And it's the exception when there is no bling for a top 3 placing. That happened to me once but again, that is usually the exception.

I still haven't won a pie though, so you got that going for you. Even if it did taste like asphalt. I would love to win pie.