Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins are Not Flightless Birds! (Read 14 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Hey guys! Look at my copy and paste skills with my phone! Sorry I dont have any cool holidays for you.

SRD for me. We spent the night in Portland and are getting ready to catch our flight to Colorado. Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I SO didn't want to do PT this morning, so instead I rounded up Dusty and DH and we went for a walk.  Could've gone for a run, except like an idiot, I happened to think of all this AFTER I got out of the shower.    Quartet rehearsal tonight, woo-hoo!!

A few pics from our solar installation.   The last one is the end of day 1.  They've also installed conduit and a panel in the garage.

The panels

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

That's so cool! Looks like you have a ton of space for solar!

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, it's really a perfect house for solar.  South-facing backside, a big yard so the trees aren't particularly close, etc.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

Hope, Dusty must be super stressed with all those people to supervise!

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

Hope, Dusty must be super stressed with all those people to supervise!

Those people have no idea how to behave at a house. It's just not polite to go climbing around on the roof. Good thing he is on the case.

Singer who runs a smidge

DH had to go to our church this morning to help with some computer stuff, so he took Dusty along.  Apparently Dusty spent a lot of yesterday in his crate, with DH sitting on the floor nearby.  Apparently as long as Dusty was near DH, he could protect him!

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - I'm glad you got a good walk and that the installation is progressing.  When will you actually be live?

Z - I hope you have fun in Colorado.  What part of the state will you be visiting?

D - good luck with your seven tonight.  Are you doing Chicago's HM or San Francisco next?

AFM:  It's a bit cooler and less humid, so I'm hoping to do six outside this afternoon.  We have two nice days this week, and I plan to enjoy them!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

San Francisco HM with hubby.  Chicago is the full and I have not even started training!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

D - you're always training.  Reason I asked about Chicago, is evidently there's a half this weekend and it's going to be HOT!

Zelanie

Ginny,  we are going to Denver. My sister and parents live there. Glad you got some cooler weather. It's cooler here, finally, after we're headed out.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Morning!  Baby hill repeats today (6 x 45 seconds), and probably some barre or Pilates later today.

Super cool solar, HopesMom.  We've thought of doing that for our place at some point (depends a lot on whether we want to stay here.)

PADRunner

May be a RD today. After weights and the group workout yesterday, I'm SORE! We'll see after work...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

May be a RD today. After weights and the group workout yesterday, I'm SORE! We'll see after work...

I am sore too from similar workouts!

Damaris