Beginners and Beyond

Shakeout Sundailies (Read 46 times)

workinprogress11

Nice job, guys!

For the first time in 3 weeks I feel great.  I am even cleaning out my closets.  My husband saw all the shoes put out and he exclaimed IT'S AN EXPO!  LOL.

That's so funny!  Especially seeing that I own only one pair of running shoes at a time. I am glad to hear you're feeling better!

5 hung over miles for me. It's done, but I wouldn't recommend it.

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Blue!

Shari, I wonder if taking it easier the week before your HM might make more sense than continuing to build that week?

I have 6ish on tap for today.

I'm a little torn on that, too. Since this isn't really a "goal" effort, I see taper as being somewhat unnecessary, but you may be right that letting the knee rest a little more beforehand would be good. I'll keep that in mind, definitely. And this is all subject to being completely scrapped if things hurt.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

5 regen miles super slow on the Common. People were playing muggle quidditch, lol.

onemile

Back Bay is nut nut cray cray. 

Went to church this morning for the first time in like 6 years at Old South Church on Boylston for the blessing of the athletes.  It was a glorified marathon runner worship service.  Then we went to the expo. What a fricken nuthouse.  Whew.  Lunch and stopped at Runbase just in time for their group run. I hadn't done my "shake out run" yet (and was thinking of skipping it) so what the hell.  It turns out I was the only one who was interested. Whoops. The girl leading it was an 800 meter runner and we had a nice jog down by the river. We discussed our favorite pieces by Lululemon.  

Just relaxing at the hotel for a bit now before meeting a friend for coffee and then to the pasta party tonight.

I have to say... I am not thrilled with tomorrow's forecast.

I am bib 12483

cjones1

No run yet today. Too much rain this morning. I may sneak out for a few miles this afternoon.

Good luck to everybody in Boston.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think I am going to take an RD.  Still cleaning out the closets and I'm exhausted from that.

Damaris

Zelanie

Good luck to everyone in Boston!

outoftheblue

Life is good.

delicate flower

Went to church this morning for the first time in like 6 years at Old South Church on Boylston for the blessing of the athletes.  It was a glorified marathon runner worship service.  Then we went to the expo. What a fricken nuthouse.  Whew.  Lunch and stopped at Runbase just in time for their group run. I hadn't done my "shake out run" yet (and was thinking of skipping it) so what the hell.  It turns out I was the only one who was interested. Whoops. The girl leading it was an 800 meter runner and we had a nice jog down by the river. We discussed our favorite pieces by Lululemon.  

Just relaxing at the hotel for a bit now before meeting a friend for coffee and then to the pasta party tonight.

I have to say... I am not thrilled with tomorrow's forecast.

I am bib 12483

Did you buy a jacket?  Smile

I've had a good day.  My swim clinic was great.  Every week they teach me how to do better.  I did 1300 yards total including 300 yards without stopping.  Two months ago I could barely do 25 yards.  Went out for good, overpriced burgers with Wife and Friends after, digested for an hour, then did a 6.6 mile run at 7:33 pace on the fast end of easy.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 6 hill sprints. Wind has been really annoying this week. When i come out on the one main road by my house, if I go to the right, it is the easier, less hilly route. Usually there is a headwind on the out and tail wind coming back. This week the wind has been coming from the opposite direction & I was not about running into a headwind at the end of easy runs.

B-Plus

2128 FFS

onemile

Did you buy a jacket?  Smile

I've had a good day.  My swim clinic was great.  Every week they teach me how to do better.  I did 1300 yards total including 300 yards without stopping.  Two months ago I could barely do 25 yards.  Went out for good, overpriced burgers with Wife and Friends after, digested for an hour, then did a 6.6 mile run at 7:33 pace on the fast end of easy.

Jacket was a birthday gift a month ago.

If 7:33 is your easy pace, I can't wait to see how fast you run your marathon!

LRB

B-Plus

My packet was missing the safety pins! I knew I shoulda packed an extra set  Good thing I found out now and the hotel opened up 4 sewing kits for me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My packet was missing the safety pins! I knew I shoulda packed an extra set  Good thing I found out now and the hotel opened up 4 sewing kits for me.

Oh, no!

Have gun and good luck, guys!

Damaris