Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies on the 10th (Read 34 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 19 wet miles.  It was mid 40s, windy, and light rain.  It was just slightly north of suck conditions.

A local bank has decided to get new carpet, and are willing to pay a premium price to get it done this weekend.  Weekend work isn't a favorite, but they accepted the bid Smile. Out with the old, in with the new.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

HM today. Normally I like an early start, when it's warm out. But it's 29 degrees right now, there is really no need to start this thing at 7:30.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Of course there is.  There is a thing called sun that can kill you by 8am.  Or is that only down here?

I have OTF and 6 miles.

Damaris

DavePNW

In other parts of the world, sun does not always equal warm. It is in fact actually sunny today.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Warm is when the sun sets, silly.  Otherwise, it's fucking bright and bursting hot. 

Glad you have sun. When I was in Seattle, I had a mixture of sunny and cloudy days.  It was perfect (rather than all cloudy/moody).

Damaris

Cyberic

16 miles with a quality section consisting of:

30 minutes @ MP + 5 minutes @ T + 30 minutes @ MP in continuous. Actual paces were 6:50, 6:26, 6:49. Legs were pretty tired in that last 30 minutes.

Cyberic

In other parts of the world, sun does not always equal warm. 

You should come visit in January, D_R, you'd see what Dave is talking about Smile

Good luck with the race, Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Good luck, DaveP!

I ran.  90 minute tempo run that I extended three extra minutes because I am not going to stop at 12.65 miles.  Come on, now.  So, 13.1 miles in 1:34:09 (7:11 avg pace).  Tempo blocks were 4 x 5:00 (6:47 avg pace), and 15:00 (6:55 avg pace).  Good run.  My running right now is as good as it's ever been.  Now it needs to get faster.

<3

Cyberic

Good luck, DaveP!

I ran.  90 minute tempo run that I extended three extra minutes because I am not going to stop at 12.65 miles.  Come on, now.  So, 13.1 miles in 1:34:09 (7:11 avg pace).  Tempo blocks were 4 x 5:00 (6:47 avg pace), and 15:00 (6:55 avg pace).  Good run.  My running right now is as good as it's ever been.  Now it needs to get faster.

Nice run. Must be really hard to improve on the running because 3 sports. I dunno to what extent the fitness gained in ihe other two can translate to running. I might might have asked before, but me and my memory...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You should come visit in January, D_R, you'd see what Dave is talking about Smile

Good luck with the race, Dave

Oh, I see it plenty whenever I travel for races.  Even the summer sun feels different the more North you go. Smile

Damaris

RunningOnSand

6 miles in the heat and humidity, which this northern gal is not used to! 6 hard effort easy pace miles. I will hydrate more before tomorrow's slog fest.

Good luck, Dave!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And yes, good luck, Dave!  Hoping the hamstring does not bother you!

Damaris

LRB

I imagine 29 feels like -9 to those out west. ❄ 🐧

Baboon

delicate flower

Nice run. Must be really hard to improve on the running because 3 sports. I dunno to what extent the fitness gained in ihe other two can translate to running. I might might have asked before, but me and my memory...

Running and biking tend to complement each other, although the running certainly helps more with the biking than vice versa.  I know people who are fast bikers but can't run for squat, but I don't know any fast runners who are slow bikers.  Swimming is its own thing, although it's great for improving lung capacity and all around fitness.

<3

zzyzx

First really nice day of the year (although as Dave pointed out still chilly in the morning) and it showed. Greenlake was ridiculously crowded. I felt like I was swimming upstream getting around everyone. Around 4.8 miles in, my trail was blocked by a group of bikes who were about to start a ride and I failed my morale check. I stopped my run and stood there for a minute or two.

Then I did run 2. My goal for the day was at least 8-9, would settle for 7, hoping for 10. Run two was 3 3/4 miles which got me over 8.5. On my walk home, I also ran three segments just so I'd know I ran 9 miles today even if it wasn't all at once. It's steps this year to get me back into half shape.

First run was @8:48, second at 8:47, so I'll take it.