Beginners and Beyond

Stop Lurking & Start Posting SaturDAILIES (Read 298 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Sorry for your loss Scotty.

I'm glad she's not suffering anymore - and either are you Smile

LRB

So you are injured now? What is the problem? I hope you get better soon.

I am returning from injury now.  I had ten bunions.

LRB

Sike.

Just some minor stuff from the rigors of marathon training.  Achilles tendonitis and a hip problem.

Ball of Fury

RMTB:  It might be in the realm of possibility, but I have a tendency to go out too fast and then blow up!  My first 10K (Nov 2011), I just started running and arrived at the 2 mile marker at 12:20....whoops!  I barely finished that 6 mile race!  I have been working at pacing myself but still have a hard time with it.  Since this is my first full, I really don't want to do the death march, ya know?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty - My thoughts are with you.

D - Hope the swelling goes down soon and the damage is all cosmetic.

LRB - Welcome back to the road!

Ended up with 6 somewhat slippery miles with friends early, plus another 3 miles and strength training mid-morning. Single-leg deadlifts, single-leg squats, bicep curls, shoulder press, push-ups, rows and tricep dips, plus some other core stuff. And my legs are tired now. Cookies were from a frozen gluten-free dough and are "meh." But DS had fun cutting them out and is looking forward to frosting/decorating tomorrow. That makes it worthwhile (plus, I won't be tempted to eat too many of these. Now the flourless fudge cookies with Andes Mint chips ... that's another story altogether. Big grin)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Ouch Damaris! Keep icing that knee. I ended up with a 4 mile progression run on the TM. This was after eating kielbasa and beer. Oops. Shocked

LRB- I also had a coffee flavored shot. LOL. I thought that you might like those. Wink

Kielbasa and beer - Mmmmmmmm......

Good stuff!

Had hot chocolate with a bit of peppermint vodka in it this evening. Very good stuff, but a little rich.

D - Knee looks rough, but I think it'll be OK in a few days. Sucks though that it stopped you from a possible PR!

Oh, BTW, I'm in Jacksonville, FL. That's almost Georgia. Today's high was the mid 50s.

I didn't get a run in today. Had an early dinner right after I arrived, then headed to my nephew's house for a short celebration. I'll run tomorrow morning, then off to a Jacksonville Jaguar's football game to see if they can do anything against New England.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Baboon

delicate flower

Very sorry to hear about your mom, Scotty.  Sad

<3

LRB

RMTB:  It might be in the realm of possibility, but I have a tendency to go out too fast and then blow up!  My first 10K (Nov 2011), I just started running and arrived at the 2 mile marker at 12:20....whoops! 

That's frickin hilarious!

Thanks Shari!

Hilary, that sounds yummy!

Tom, your post late the other night while drinking your maple flavored Crown was funny.  You dropped an S bomb lmao!

Nevrgivup

Kielbasa and beer - Mmmmmmmm......

Good stuff!

Had hot chocolate with a bit of peppermint vodka in it this evening. Very good stuff, but a little rich.

D - Knee looks rough, but I think it'll be OK in a few days. Sucks though that it stopped you from a possible PR!

Oh, BTW, I'm in Jacksonville, FL. That's almost Georgia. Today's high was the mid 50s.

I didn't get a run in today. Had an early dinner right after I arrived, then headed to my nephew's house for a short celebration. I'll run tomorrow morning, then off to a Jacksonville Jaguar's football game to see if they can do anything against New England.

I'll be watching. I hope to heck not. I'm a Brady fan. I am from New England. Have fun at the game. Wink

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Scotty, so sorry to hear about your Mom passing. You have my condolences.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'll be watching. I hope to heck not. I'm a Brady fan. I am from New England. Have fun at the game. Wink

In reality, I don't have a dog in this race. The nephew and brother-in-law have season tickets so I'm going. It'll be fun regardless. I will wear local colors.

Ball of Fury

LRB:  It was a little bit hilarious when I looked down at my watch and figured out how fast I was running, but when I had to walk 1/2 of the last 2 miles, it just wasn't funny anymore! At least I found out what a dumbass I am!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Baboon

delicate flower

Phil: 2 day weekend!?!?!  Whaaaat?  You don't have a vacay slated?  :thumbs down:  Enjoy the 7 miler this PM.

I have to work Monday...it'll be a very busy day for me in the office.  At least I get Tuesday off.  Big grin  Colorado ski trip the end of January!  Smile

6.85 easy miles done today (8:52 pace) in a pain-in-the-ass wind.  57.85 miles for the week, and my seventh 50+ week in a row.  It really does just feel like maintenance.  I am not at all tired from all the running.  I feel like I can run a lot more, but logically I know I need to just hold steady for a while and continue to work on the base.

<3

runmomto3boys

RMTB:  It might be in the realm of possibility, but I have a tendency to go out too fast and then blow up!  My first 10K (Nov 2011), I just started running and arrived at the 2 mile marker at 12:20....whoops!  I barely finished that 6 mile race!  I have been working at pacing myself but still have a hard time with it.  Since this is my first full, I really don't want to do the death march, ya know?

Oh, I know what you mean!  Pacing is an art and I am NOT good at it either.  I completely understand you being a bit conservative under the circumstances!   6:10 splits during your first 10K - OMG!  Yeah, you do like to go out fast...but I am not one to talk: I did the same in my first marathon in Oct.!

runmomto3boys

I have to work Monday...it'll be a very busy day for me in the office.  At least I get Tuesday off.  Big grin  Colorado ski trip the end of January!  Smile

6.85 easy miles done today (8:52 pace) in a pain-in-the-ass wind.  57.85 miles for the week, and my seventh 50+ week in a row.  It really does just feel like maintenance.  I am not at all tired from all the running.  I feel like I can run a lot more, but logically I know I need to just hold steady for a while and continue to work on the base.

Nice miles, again, this week!