Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: The streak ends today (Read 37 times)

No more marathons

This is a good point. Maybe at 50mpw you would be okay?

Or maybe we are just too old for this shit.

Thbbft!  Puppies.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

There isn't that much difference between actually following a plan, and just doing my thing, since "my thing" is greatly inspired by plans. Do the differences in structure make a real difference come race day? I don't know. Probably some, as they go through great lengths to balance the whole thing, whereas I do not.

Maybe, but what I've definitely found is that I am much more likely to follow a plan that someone else is giving me and reviewing, than to just follow a plan myself.

I had great aspirations of following pfitzinger marathon plan 18 55 back when I was doing that nonsense.  Bought the book and everything.  But just did not have the discipline to follow the plan every day.

Having a coach (albeit a digital virtual one) who checks my results everyday has resulted in my only missing one workout in 7 weeks, and that was a recovery type run.

YMMV.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

DavePNW

Oh, hi. Missed posting this morning.

Streak ended for me today too - the 3 days off was my longest break since Sept 2015.

Ran 5 miles in mid-40's rain, and got soaked. Achilles was reasonably manageable. Not as bad as the shin pain.  I don't know WTF that was all about  But I've had that before & have run through it. So hopefully won't last.

Dave

delicate flower

I got my spin session done and my legs felt really good.  The workout should have felt a lot harder than it was.  Then I had to shovel 20" of snow off my deck.  It felt like I had to shovel it three times and my bruised ribs were unhappy.

Speaking of which, I have a 10K on my schedule Saturday which I will be skipping.  There is no way the course will be clear and my ribs won't be able to handle a race effort yet.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. I was so disappointed this morning. No measurable snow meant I had to go to work on time. I want a damn snow day! Yes, I have gotten spoiled from working in a school.

onemile

I ran 8

Cyberic

Ran another 7.something

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I biked 10, at a faster clip.  I think my husband makes my cycling slow. LOL.

Damaris

Cyberic

Oh, hi. Missed posting this morning.

Streak ended for me today too - the 3 days off was my longest break since Sept 2015.

Ran 5 miles in mid-40's rain, and got soaked. Achilles was reasonably manageable. Not as bad as the shin pain.  I don't know WTF that was all about  But I've had that before & have run through it. So hopefully won't last.

I see a wave of good luck coming your way.

Cyberic

Maybe, but what I've definitely found is that I am much more likely to follow a plan that someone else is giving me and reviewing, than to just follow a plan myself.

I had great aspirations of following pfitzinger marathon plan 18 55 back when I was doing that nonsense.  Bought the book and everything.  But just did not have the discipline to follow the plan every day.

Having a coach (albeit a digital virtual one) who checks my results everyday has resulted in my only missing one workout in 7 weeks, and that was a recovery type run.

YMMV.

I don't feel (reality might be different) like I lack motivation or am slacking because there isn't someone looking over my shoulder. I'm sure a coach would benefit me, but I do not think it would be by getting me to run more, or more regularily.

onemile

I don't feel (reality might be different) like I lack motivation or am slacking because there isn't someone looking over my shoulder. I'm sure a coach would benefit me, but I do not think it would be by getting me to run more, or more regularily.

Yeah, same. But I do think I would probably not do as hard of workouts on my own as some of the ones I have gotten from my coach.  For some of them, I have contemplated quitting just because I really really didn't want to do them 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dave, are the shoes new, old?  Shins, achilles, etc.  Unless you are compensating for the achilles, maybe check the shoes.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I crossed my knees and my bad knee cracked.  First thought: I fucking broke it, LOL.  But it feels better after the crack.  The incisions are so tiny, you might think I just fell and scratched my knee and that's it.

Damaris

Cyberic

I crossed my knees and my bad knee cracked.  First thought: I fucking broke it, LOL.  But it feels better after the crack.  The incisions are so tiny, you might think I just fell and scratched my knee and that's it.

Glad recovery is going well.

Cyberic

Yeah, same. But I do think I would probably not do as hard of workouts on my own as some of the ones I have gotten from my coach.  For some of them, I have contemplated quitting just because I really really didn't want to do them 

My workouts are easier than yours. We're the same, I tell ya.