Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Heading into the weekend like... (Read 42 times)

sdWhiskers

SRD although I spent most of the day in bed. My 4 yo was sick over Christmas and passed the crud to me. Hoping it's just a head cold that resolves itself sooner than later. We did manage a short trip to the beach for some fresh air. 80 at my house today which is definitely warmer than usual. Not surprisingly, San Diego is busting at the seams with tourists.

OFR: any suggestions on activities to do in Phoenix? We're staying right by the marathon start downtown.

Stay warm everyone!

oldfartrunner

SRD although I spent most of the day in bed. My 4 yo was sick over Christmas and passed the crud to me. Hoping it's just a head cold that resolves itself sooner than later. We did manage a short trip to the beach for some fresh air. 80 at my house today which is definitely warmer than usual. Not surprisingly, San Diego is busting at the seams with tourists.

OFR: any suggestions on activities to do in Phoenix? We're staying right by the marathon start downtown.

Stay warm everyone!

This guy would know. He lives down there and has run that marathon. Private Email him, he'd be glad to give you suggestions I'm sure. I'll give him a heads up. He is over on Frequent Racers. DryHeatAZ is his name.

We live about 1:30 North and only go down for races 5-6 times a year. Smile

oldfartrunner

Guess they're not, other than some used or refurbished units. Sorry to steer you wrong. I knew I saw it on the Garmin site recently, just checked again and it's still showing for $199. But Garmin does not actually sell them through their website. IDK why it's still up there.

MTA: looks like you can still get a new one on eBay.

Thanks Dave! Smile Still not 100% sure what I'll do?  I'm still poking around. I want to try the new Saucony BreakThrus 4 in Jan. And maybe another offering on the shoe front, and not a Ebay person and like new. I may go this route after thinking about what LRB & Ginny said.  620,that's a lot of watch for me!  My head could explode when I open the box!

This does what I need it to do(lap time/distance), has a gianormis screen-that I can see, and is light, and only $88 at RW! I can always return it too and go 620...I'm off to work. Thanks again!

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/08/garmin-forerunner-25.html

Cyberic

Thanks Dave! Smile Still not 100% sure what I'll do?  I'm still poking around. I want to try the new Saucony BreakThrus 4 in Jan. And maybe another offering on the shoe front, and not a Ebay person and like new. I may go this route after thinking about what LRB & Ginny said.  620,that's a lot of watch for me!  My head could explode when I open the box!

This does what I need it to do(lap time/distance), has a gianormis screen-that I can see, and is light, and only $88 at RW! I can always return it too and go 620...I'm off to work. Thanks again!

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/08/garmin-forerunner-25.html

If it does what you need it to (lap time I think it was), then go! At $88, it's not expensive at all.

Higher end watches is a bit like buying gadgets filled cars. All you really need is the speedometer, fuel gage, a radio, heating/AC...