Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Heading into the weekend like... (Read 42 times)

hog4life

Good luck this weekend!

Thanks!

DavePNW

No cold or windchill here. Just rain.

Me: "It's 40 degrees and pouring rain. I'm going for a run."

DD: "Like a damn fool."

She speaketh the truth. 6 miles, and soaking wet.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 miles in a nice 41 degrees and sunny. This is my last run before Sunday's 50k!

Good luck!

Damaris

oldfartrunner

Hog: Good luck!  50K, that's like hell to a 5Ker like me!

The DW things I'm nuts, but I like it hot and sweaty!  I'd love to live down with Damaris! DW won't go for it, or move down to Phoenix where it gets 115, and that is real temp, not feel temp.

So what Garmin watch is the next step up that has a lap split screen that shows how much time is in the lap, and another like pace or distance? I really need something like this.  But it can't be too complicated.  Just the facts ma'am.

Dave- DW tells me the same thing

Hilly 8er this morning with my training partner. 8:44avg pace. It was 15F but the sun was out and very little wind. I DID wear another pair of pants over my tights which kept my bird from freezing this time. Tried out the GoMeb Razors. Very nice. I cant say I like them better than my 1400V5s though.

Stay warm!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

bluerun

Super B****

So what Garmin watch is the next step up that has a lap split screen that shows how much time is in the lap, and another like pace or distance? I really need something like this.  But it can't be too complicated.  Just the facts ma'am.

You can have the screen show anything you want.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

So what Garmin watch is the next step up that has a lap split screen that shows how much time is in the lap, and another like pace or distance? 

I have the 220. IMHO it's got everything you need without a lot of bells & whistles. When you program a workout, the main screen shows you 2 fields - time or distance remaining in the interval (depending on which way you programmed it), and current pace. Otherwise the main screen displays 3 fields - typically distance, time, and pace. But either way you can set what is displayed, and toggle between screens.

Dave

oldfartrunner

You can have the screen show anything you want.

On my watch the screen just shows accumulated time, not the split time. So you can't see how long you are running the split or taking in a rest interval-unless I'm doing something wrong?  (probably)

Oh yeah, I corrected my splits, had a 54 in there-I can't see close worth a damn.

oldfartrunner

I have the 220. IMHO it's got everything you need without a lot of bells & whistles. When you program a workout, the main screen shows you 2 fields - time or distance remaining in the interval (depending on which way you programmed it), and current pace. Otherwise the main screen displays 3 fields - typically distance, time, and pace. But either way you can set what is displayed, and toggle between screens.

So if you don't program it, and hit lap, will it show time in that lap and pace or distance?

bluerun

Super B****

On my watch the screen just shows accumulated time, not the split time. So you can't see how long you are running the split or taking in a rest interval-unless I'm doing something wrong?  (probably)

Oh yeah, I corrected my splits, had a 54 in there-I can't see close worth a damn.

The watch you have is not quite as customizable as the higher-end ones... I'd go into further detail but it's 4:18 PM here and I am out of commission for the next 25 hours so Dave or LRB will have to do it for me. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

oldfartrunner

The watch you have is not quite as customizable as the higher-end ones... I'd go into further detail but it's 4:18 PM here and I am out of commission for the next 25 hours so Dave or LRB will have to do it for me. 

Lol!

oldfartrunner

I'm looking at it on DC Rainmaker, and he has the screen set to just like I would in the picture(lap distance, pace, & time)! So it does show all three at once, and it don't look too big either.

DavePNW

So if you don't program it, and hit lap, will it show time in that lap and pace or distance?

If I understand your question, yes.

Dave

Cyberic

You can get a 220 for pretty cheap too, probably. The 245 will be out soon, so the 220 will be like a dinausor watch.

If you go with Garmin, and you get any watch that has a 3 digits model number, it will be plenty customizable for your needs.

oldfartrunner

If I understand your question, yes.

Yeah, since I saw the picture, I understood that it could.  I never really looked at watches much, the 10 was the cheapest so went with that. Now I want to do the log and everything, might as well get one that I can use on the run a little better. Thanks!

CY: I'm a Dinosaur too.