Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Call your shot (Read 36 times)

LRB

42:51.  7 OA and 2 AG.  My legs were so freakin tired.  The effort was there so I am pleased about that.

10ks are tough. You've earned some cupcakes. Cool

DavePNW

Romeo 2 Richmond, a point to point half marathon run on the Macomb Orchard Trail. It is quite serene but also devoid of spectators and thus, a mental challenge.

And full of speedsters, IIRC!

Dave

DavePNW

42:51.  7 OA and 2 AG.  My legs were so freakin tired.  The effort was there so I am pleased about that.

Nice!

Dave

LRB

And full of speedsters, IIRC!

You do! Them Hansons' boys and girls usually use it as a MP run, churning out 5 minute-ish miles like it's nothing.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6. Still stuffed up. Hope I didn't offend too many drivers with what seemed like constant snot rockets.

Nice race Baboon.

From the Internet.

16 done this morning. My legs were definitely tired, there were some hills, and I let the group pull away from me at a couple points, but the fact that I can be tired and still pull off an almost-BQ average pace is quite encouraging!

DavePNW

16 done this morning. My legs were definitely tired, there were some hills, and I let the group pull away from me at a couple points, but the fact that I can be tired and still pull off an almost-BQ average pace is quite encouraging!

Nice!

Dave

DavePNW

Thinking about finally seeing Arrival this afternoon, after squeezing in my run. I have been wanting to see it since it came out, but never got around to it. I figure it probably doesn't have much longer in the theaters.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I swung by Lululemon and picked up my free shit for completing their 80 km Strava challenge.  Look, I was running the miles anyway, but I'll gladly take the free merchandise if they want to give it to me.  $68 shorts, $68 shirt.

<3

LRB

Thinking about finally seeing Arrival this afternoon, after squeezing in my run. I have been wanting to see it since it came out, but never got around to it. I figure it probably doesn't have much longer in the theaters.

It's not the typical action type shoot 'em up alien movie, it's more of a story. Something is going to click for you at some point during it or after it, it's a pretty cool twist I thought.

LRB

I swung by Lululemon and picked up my free shit for completing their 80 km Strava challenge.  Look, I was running the miles anyway, but I'll gladly take the free merchandise if they want to give it to me.  $68 shorts, $68 shirt.

Swung? I thought swang was the word. 

That's cool as hell though.

DavePNW

It's not the typical action type shoot 'em up alien movie, it's more of a story. Something is going to click for you at some point during it or after it, it's a pretty cool twist I thought.

Yeah I'd heard. Taking DD, who's always looking for movies with strong female leads who don't tart it up, and which don't turn into heavy love stories. Tough to find.

MTA: oh yeah, 6 miles.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

10ks are tough. You've earned some cupcakes. Cool

I knew a half mile into this thing that I was in trouble.  Hell, I felt tired during my warm up.  But I didn't panic...I just took what my legs gave me.  I knew it was going to be a struggle today.  My Wednesday and Thursday workouts took a lot out of me.  I ran hard kept my heart rate up over 170, so I am happy about that.

<3

DavePNW

I knew a half mile into this thing that I was in trouble.  

That is the worst feeling.

Dave

LRB

I ran hard kept my heart rate up over 170, so I am happy about that.

Speaking of heart rate, it was the opinion of the sports docs I saw yesterday, both of whom were athletes, that not training by heart rate defies logic.

I was given some pretty compelling evidence with hard, concrete numbers (not just some made up shit from the internet that may or may not apply to me) as to how to train using it, in a manner that made perfect sense.

It was very enlightening in that regard. Like, the light bulb came on.