Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES - Ugha (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm on their mailing list now, and they like sending emails 

LOL.

I have a friend who trains by Stryd power instead of HR and finds it more accurate than HR training for pacing, etc.  I've been intrigued since he did his last marathon solely by power without looking at pace.

Damaris

Cyberic

LOL.

I have a friend who trains by Stryd power instead of HR and finds it more accurate than HR training for pacing, etc.  I've been intrigued since he did his last marathon solely by power without looking at pace.

I will most certainly use power a lot in my next marathon. Right now I'm working on knowing myself power wise

LRB

DCRainmaker Stryd review

here’s the three metrics once time-aligned to run start/stop length (1,806 seconds):

Stryd: 5448 m
        Garmin 735XT: 5441 m
        Suunto Spartan Ultra: 5438 m

So basically, the footpod is within 7-10-meters (with no calibration).  That’s incredibly impressive. 

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/08/stryd-running-power-meter-v2.html

But which one is accurate?

onemile

I will most certainly use power a lot in my next marathon. Right now I'm working on knowing myself power wise

I really didn't need to spend another $200.....

Cyberic

But which one is accurate?

I don't know. What I find is that at least Stryd works as good in tunnels, downtown, in dense wooded area, indoors as it does outdoors in an open field. Is it 100% accurate? Probably not. Is your watch's GPS 100% accurate? Probably not.

onemile

I really didn't need to spend another $200.....

the first $200 being my Chicago marathon registration

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

the first $200 being my Chicago marathon registration

You comin'?

Damaris

LRB

I don't know. What I find is that at least Stryd works as good in tunnels, downtown, in dense wooded area, indoors as it does outdoors in an open field. Is it 100% accurate? Probably not. Is your watch's GPS 100% accurate? Probably not.

I wasn't inferring the GPS was accurate, it is a known fact that it not. It was just a question.

LRB

You comin'?

That's been answered.

Cyberic

I wasn't inferring the GPS was accurate, it is a known fact that it not. It was just a question.

I wasn't taking it personally. I honestly don't know. I *think* it is comparable to GPS accuracy wise, but more constant. You don't get the random GPS brain fart.

LRB

I wasn't taking it personally. I honestly don't know. I *think* it is comparable to GPS accuracy wise, but more constant. You don't get the random GPS brain fart.

I know.

It seems it would be better and less expensive if it just came with it's own watch.

Cyberic

I know.

It seems it would be better and less expensive if it just came with it's own watch.

Right now I own a super high end Fenix watch (athough it's getting older), and all I use it for is to give me time during the day, and display me what Stryd is saying, so yeah, it's like you say.

I'm considering buying a Tag Heuer, or a Rolex or something, and use cheaper Garmins for running.

MTA: Ok, maybe not a Rolex. I just checked the prices 

sdWhiskers

How easy is it to switch the Stryd between shoes?

Cyberic

How easy is it to switch the Stryd between shoes?

Takes about 15-60 seconds. Easy enough, but you want to be 100% sure it's clipped on right Smile