Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #174 (Read 25 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, apparently, most of the places to eat in downtown are closed so you can go to work but good luck finding something to eat. I don't bring stuff to eat to work normally but I might have to my first outing there. Still, even CVS and Starbucks are still closed. Lovely.

They have no idea when those businesses will reopen. Mind you, downtown is on stage 3 reopening so likely they are still closed because people are not working there but rather at home.

Damaris

KCRuns

I go in one day a week. We won't be going back full time like before any time soon, if ever. My day is Tuesday, and I feel like a teenager at his first summer job trying to make it in on time! Working remotely for the past three months has done a number on me. 

I am loving my new WFH routines, so it will be a sad day for me when we have to go back to the office.

KCRuns

So, apparently, most of the places to eat in downtown are closed so you can go to work but good luck finding something to eat. I don't bring stuff to eat to work normally but I might have to my first outing there. Still, even CVS and Starbucks are still closed. Lovely.

They have no idea when those businesses will reopen. Mind you, downtown is on stage 3 reopening so likely they are still closed because people are not working there but rather at home.

Could you just order lunch for delivery?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Could you just order lunch for delivery?

I guess I could but if nothing in the circle is open, I would have to order from further away so not sure. I'll see what I can do when the time comes. I am sure something has to be open in the circle. The list he gave were all the fast foods, sandwich places. I am sure some restaurants have to, I hope.

So, they put me for next week on Friday. But it's a holiday, so saved by the bell!

Damaris

LRB

I am loving my new WFH routines, so it will be a sad day for me when we have to go back to the office.

It was a shock to my system. I'll pray for you when it's your turn.

DavePNW

It seems like they would work in tandem - as things re-open in general, more people will go back to work, and therefore more restaurants will re-open (at least for takeout) because there will be people for them to serve. I am surprised Starbucks is closed! Around here the drive-throughs always stayed open, then after a while they re-opened for pickup of app orders at the door, then as of just very recently you can go inside & place to-go orders at the counter. But the big question...are the bathrooms open???

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It seems like they would work in tandem - as things re-open in general, more people will go back to work, and therefore more restaurants will re-open (at least for takeout) because there will be people for them to serve. I am surprised Starbucks is closed! Around here the drive-throughs always stayed open, then after a while they re-opened for pickup of app orders at the door, then as of just very recently you can go inside & place to-go orders at the counter. But the big question...are the bathrooms open???

The places in downtown are not drive throughs but they are within hotels and businesses which might be why.

I will probably pick up Starbucks here in Fishers since they do have the drive through and then take it to work. Lunch I'll see.

Sadly, I doubt many places are going to open until August or September so there might be a bit of a lag in reopenings there in downtown. I suspect it will be a ghost town still.

Damaris

DavePNW

It was a shock to my system. I'll pray for you when it's your turn.

Ha, it was a big adjustment for me just to go back to work at all! Fortunately it's WFH and always will be. I hope I never have a commute again. At least certainly not like the last one.

Dave

sdWhiskers

The places in downtown are not drive throughs but they are within hotels and businesses which might be why.

I will probably pick up Starbucks here in Fishers since they do have the drive through and then take it to work. Lunch I'll see.

Sadly, I doubt many places are going to open until August or September so there might be a bit of a lag in reopenings there in downtown. I suspect it will be a ghost town still.

This is interesting. Basically, any restaurant here that we've tried has been open, for takeout at least. Some have closed briefly for a week here or there as they got up to speed on latest county requirements. Downtown has remained a tourist destination and restaurants have stayed busy.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am pretty sure Indianapolis is not a tourist mecca unless it's holding the Indy 500...

But I still think he concentrated on fast food and sandwich joints which I don't eat at anyway, but still, the CVS is still closed and Starbucks? Damn.

Damaris

DavePNW

the CVS is still closed

Yeah that’s another puzzler. A drugstore??

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah that’s another puzzler. A drugstore??

Yeap. I was like WTF.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Yeap. I was like WTF.

You can get tested at our CVS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You can get tested at our CVS.

In mine as well. Although you have to use the drive through and pick it up and send it.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Running rest day. Did upper body strength training & walked on the treadmill for a bit.

Docket, is there little housing in the downtown area?