Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #233 (Read 25 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

LOL. Someone in my Miami office fell for one of those and then there was a DOJ-wide email about 5 people falling for it. He wasn't pleased.

We got one of those during the pandemic where people fell for one saying you needed to change your outlook e-mail. In fairness to them, we have had all sorts of glitchy things with outlook, so I can see how it happened. I contacted the help desk a few times because I wound up in other people's e-mail!

Baboon

delicate flower

Part of my new job as a Security Architect I will do such tests on employees, lol

I do wonder if I was random, of if it is because I am a new hire.  At my last job I used to get tons of legit phish attempts.  I am suspicious of everything, being the keeper of highly confidential information.

<3

RunningOnSand

Howdy. I "ran" 3.7 slooow miles. Slogging is more like it. Oh well, at least that one is done. Our humidity is starting to return a bit too, but temps haven't been too terrible.

Cyberic

I do wonder if I was random, of if it is because I am a new hire.  At my last job I used to get tons of legit phish attempts.  I am suspicious of everything, being the keeper of highly confidential information.

Hard to say. But you're doing it right if you're suspicious of everything.

One time a bank called me at home, and asked me some questions and wanted me ro enter my pin or my sin or something. I told the lady no. She could be anybody. (That was about 15 years ago). She told me she hadn't thought of that. She gave me her work phone number, and I called her back after checking that the phone number she game me was for the bank. After that I proceeded with her questions. It was legit, but could have been a scam.

I will not answer anything on a phone call or a text or a  email that was sent to me. Never. Simple as that.

Half Crazy K 2.0

At my company, I almost think everyone gets the e-mail. I've been there 19 years, so it's definitely not because I'm new.

I'ev gotten 3 texts today from DHL about a delivery & waiving the signature for "my" order. I have nothing. I didn't respond the the texts and called them. For them to delete my phone number from what turned out to be a legit tracking number was insane. They wanted my contact info & I told them no way. All you need to know is the my zip code does not match the one in your files and delete my number.

LRB

a bunch of near-90 days coming up 

For as far as the eye can see. Thankfully we got a break from the runaway train that was late June and all of July. Couldn't imagine going through two full months of that ridiculousness!

DavePNW

Here’s someone trying to connect with me on LinkedIn. San Diego area – Whiskers, is that you?

Dave

sdWhiskers

I have a Half from April 2020 that is giving the option to run virtual (no) or defer to 2021 (yeah right), 2022, or 2023. Seems like choosing either of the later 2 dates is hopefully OK?

onemile

Here’s someone trying to connect with me on LinkedIn. San Diego area – Whiskers, is that you?

lol

sdWhiskers

LOL

Yes, I always dress to impress when networking for my career

DavePNW

I have a Half from April 2020 that is giving the option to run virtual (no) or defer to 2021 (yeah right), 2022, or 2023. Seems like choosing either of the later 2 dates is the hopefully OK?

This is basically what my cancelled May marathon gave me and I’m thinking/hoping 2022-23 will be Ok. But I guess I don’t need to do anything until registration for those years opens up. 

Dave

DavePNW

LOL

Yes, I always dress to impress when networking for my career

Your new forum name is JOJO BABiE.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

2022 or 2023 assumes the race management company is still in business.

sdWhiskers

2022 or 2023 assumes the race management company is still in business.

Yes that was my thought too.

I have until Oct 2 to decide. If I do nothing, it automatically chooses Virtual option 

sdWhiskers

Your new forum name is JOJO BABiE.

And what does YOUR Linkedin photo look like to have her pinging you??