Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

workinprogress11

Most likely here too.  But we don't work for the schools so we won't get off or close the office until a hurricane warning has been issued.  Which only comes on Thursday.  Bah.

So could you do something like change your flight to fly out of Tampa or something and then only have to drive that much?  It looks like about a 4 hour drive to Tampa so you could do that Friday night after work for a Saturday flight.  I don't know much about hurricanes so don't know if it passes near Miami if Tampa will have issues too. Just throwing it out there.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm out of inclement weather days for the year, so doesn't matter for me. Last storm we had (Sandy), the state of emergency in Baltimore city essentially shut everything down, so very few people were allowed access..In theory, my work badge would allow me in (hospital), but I'm not an essential employee. Whew

ETA, does the state of emergency cover your area?

Yes, but federal buildings and private offices don't have to follow it.  Says the one that was buying McDonald's at the beginning of one of the 2015 hurricanes (I think it was Katrina).  They were still open 2 hours prior to the storm arriving.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So could you do something like change your flight to fly out of Tampa or something and then only have to drive that much?  It looks like about a 4 hour drive to Tampa so you could do that Friday night after work for a Saturday flight.  I don't know much about hurricanes so don't know if it passes near Miami if Tampa will have issues too. Just throwing it out there.

We are thinking of stuff like that, except the customer service might take hours so we might just rent a car and leave Friday through that area.  Whether we might just buy a ticket in Tampa, maybe.  That's a good idea.  We can drop the rental car anywhere and just hop on a plane.  Tampa should be clear until it makes landfall into Florida on Friday sometime. We could try somewhere like Alabama and take out a flight from there.  Hmmm.

We will probably decide Friday.  Fortunately, only the east coast of FL is affected so we can literally head into the sunshine to the West.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My forecast: low 51, high 58, 20% chance of rain. Not bad. Rain keeps shifting around, so we'll see. I do not see the hurricane path making its way out here, so that's something.

Mine is almost identical.  Can we both run BQs and PRs too?  Pretty please?

Damaris

Ric-G

Pleasantridge, Amazon used books are a great resource. I think I paid more for shipping than the actual books (Daniels, Pfitzing and Hudson).

That always cracks me up when shipping is more than the book...but it's still worth it. And regarding running books, I prefer old fashioned paper... makes it easier to flip back and forth. I never really buy any books on kindle/ipad. I will check them out from the library and download for 3 weeks or so since I'm a cheapskate and don't want to buy anything that I'll just read once and never look at again. Planning on about 6 miles or so later on.

marathon pr - 3:16

onemile

I made the mistake of choosing The Fault in Our Stars as my latest audio book... it was so highly reviewed and a couple English teachers I knew even liked it so I thought I would finally get around to listening to it.  Yukkk. I have been forcing myself to get thru it but where did all these good reviews come from?  None of the characters are likeable... the three teenagers all have the same trying so hard to be clever and philosophical voice.  Ugh. I can't even feel sorry for them. Or believe the love story.  And I used to read Lurlene McDaniels when I was growing up! 

Anyway, I am pissed that I wasted an audible credit on this crap 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ric G, I like the paper copy because I pencil in dates on the plans.

Best $1 I spent was an unused "used" workbook for an accounting class.

LRB

Anyway, I am pissed that I wasted an audible credit on this crap 

Your review might be must read internet. lol

onemile

Your review might be must read internet. lol

Are you saying I should have posted this on audible.com instead? 

DavePNW

Mine is almost identical.  Can we both run BQs and PRs too?  Pretty please?

I'm in.

Dave

LRB

Are you saying I should have posted this on audible.com instead? 

COULD YOU?? It would be nice. lol

I sometimes write my race reports slightly different (less swear words lol) between here and other places.   

onemile

COULD YOU?? It would be nice. lol

I sometimes write my race reports slightly different (less swear words lol) between here and other places.   

Nah, I never write real reviews. I just complain to people who don't care. 

LRB

Nah, I never write real reviews. I just complain to people who don't care. 

I liked it. 

No more marathons

Bluesky, Daniels 2nd edition has plans for I think the 800-1500. Can't remember the exact details since I didn't use them.

I'm going to check them out - still think I need a coach to help provide motivation.

I have Hansons & Pfitz on Kindle. (As well as the Pfitz book on 5k to HM - maybe useful for bluesky.) My 2 cents, probably easier to use in dead tree format. I found Hansons a bit more readable & more tailored to the less experienced runner. But in the end, my eyes glaze over when reading any of that shit, and I end up just skipping to the training plans.

7 miles

Yeah, my copy of Pfitz is a kindle - sure was easy to order, but it's readability (is that even a word?) is iffy on some platforms.

And I tried to loan my copy to PR - but turns out you can only do that once - and I already loaned it to a FB friend.

That always cracks me up when shipping is more than the book...but it's still worth it. And regarding running books, I prefer old fashioned paper... makes it easier to flip back and forth. I never really buy any books on kindle/ipad. I will check them out from the library and download for 3 weeks or so since I'm a cheapskate and don't want to buy anything that I'll just read once and never look at again. Planning on about 6 miles or so later on.

Un hu.  I'm thinking that way now too.  Hadn't thought about the slightly used variety.  Might need to do some searching in Amazon and Ebay.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

DavePNW

How many other places do you write race reports, you hoor?

Dave