Beginners and Beyond

T-Minus SaturDAILIES (Read 38 times)

sdWhiskers

Why are you the only one?

Well, I guess that's why I come here. So I'm not the only one    "Normal" people want daylight in the evening. I'd like to run 8 miles before work and not need a headlamp for all 8.

DavePNW

Well, I guess that's why I come here. So I'm not the only one    "Normal" people want daylight in the evening. I'd like to run 8 miles before work and not need a headlamp for all 8.

Ah, yes. Certainly not the only one here.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I want daylight on both ends of my workday. It's been dark when I leave for work around 7:30, which is depressing. But I can at least squeeze a run in after work. I did just order the rechargeable Knuckelights.

Eydawn

That sounds AMAZING! Well done!!!!

Hey!  I just fuckin' hammered a 5K.  19:09, but 3.18 miles.  Come on, man!  Garmin says my 5K split was 18:40.  Holy crap!!  I had doubts about where my speed is, which is why I did this race, but it would appear I am faster than ever.  6 OA and 2AG.  Incidentally, I clocked my first ever sub-6:00 mile in competition.

Turtle Speed!

5K PR: 32:32 (Fort Collins Flying Pig 2016)

10K PR: 1:10:48  (Yeti Chase 2016)

Half Marathon PR: 2:54:32 (Yellowstone Half Marathon 2016)

Eydawn

Have an awesome race!!

Good morning Team.

I didn't run yesterday but clocked over 14,000 steps and nearly 8 miles according to Garmin. That's pretty mind boggling but I had an idea it might be nuts which is exactly why I didn't run.

First time in the big apple and there is so much shit here it's crazy. To illustrate that point; I googled "Starbucks near me" this morning and there is one right across the street from the entrance to my hotel, what?? I never saw it despite coming and going a dozen times yesterday!

Anyway, I'll be jogging up to Central Park shortly then coming back for breakfast. I have one other stop on the agenda at 1:00 and then I'll be hunkering down for the day.

Turtle Speed!

Eydawn

I've hit 6 days working out this week! Quick treadmill before a shift tonight. Tomorrow a rest day and another work shift. Looking forward to a 4 miler race next Saturday!

Feels good to be back at it. Hope everyone doing NYC has  an awesome race!!!

Turtle Speed!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! Forgot to check here earlier WTF. Slept through my alarm so never met the group. Ran 8 with hubby and I’m so sore I think I am dehydrated. 

anyway...

Good luck, LRB!

nice race, Baboon.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats, Baboon!

Good luck, LRB! Everyone will be excited tomorrow, don't worry. Or at least, all the people you see will be, the ones who are annoyed about how everything gets screwed up by the marathon won't be able to get close enough for it to bother you. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

I ran into town to meet my husband. His errands ran long, so I ended up with an extra 3 miles: 10.3 for the day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Finally made it to the movie theater after a month plus so way behind. Watched Gemini Man which was surprisingly good and entertaining.

Damaris

KCRuns

Congrats Baboon! Awesome race!!

Good Luck tomorrow LRB! You’ve done the work, now enjoy the race! 

i ran the Carreras de los Muertos 5k this morning. I’m nowhere near PR pace, but in this time of rebuilding, I’m pleased with the results. No walking and each mile was a little faster than the previous one. It was fun and we had delicious tacos and horchata at the end.

LRB

If I dont get to say it before the start tomorrow, Good Luck LRB!!!

Thanks. Your turn next!

LRB - good luck tomorrow.  Enjoy your carb loading today.

Thank you. Nice way to kill time and get the extra miles in. #thingsthatrunnersdo

Have fun LTB!

5; 3 on flat at a bit elevated pace, then 2 crown-gutter-hill medicine.  Ham didn’t exactly like the elevated but gotta start doing bits.

Thanks. Get those bits in!

Good luck tomorrow LRB!!

Thanks. You are riding the wave of greatness!

Enjoy NYC LRB, and the b est of luck for tomorrow!

Thanks. 6:42? ZOOOOOM!

LRB, good luck tomorrow!

Thank you!

+1

And you!

lrb...good luck and go get it!

LRB, good luck tomorrow!!!

LRB good luck!!! Can’t wait to see how you do!

Have an awesome race!!

And you, and you, and you, and you too!

Afternoon! Forgot to check here earlier WTF. Slept through my alarm so never met the group. Ran 8 with hubby and I’m so sore I think I am dehydrated.

anyway...

Good luck, LRB!

lol - Your mind and body are tired!

Thank you!

Good luck, LRB! Everyone will be excited tomorrow, don't worry. Or at least, all the people you see will be, the ones who are annoyed about how everything gets screwed up by the marathon won't be able to get close enough for it to bother you. 

lol - Totally nailed it!

Thanks b.

Good Luck tomorrow LRB! You’ve done the work, now enjoy the race! 

Thanks. Great mindset on where you are with your training!

I ran 20 with URP, 16 with RRP and 10 with another friend. It was as enjoyable as running 20 can be 

That's like winning the lottery on a ticket you played and one that was given to you on the same day!

As for me, I attended a Q&A with Meb Keflezighi today. Dude was totally down to earth, relatable and engaging, and funny as hell. He talked about his 2009 NYC victory and what it meant to him. He also spoke on how Nike dropped him, which I did not know. He spoke on running a 9:58 mile during the worst race of his life, and how that experience inspired another runner who was struggling during the event and they ended up crossing the finish line holding hands.

What I took from it is that in running, regardless of the level you're at, there are good days and there are bad days. They all make up the sum of the parts and having stories to tell about rough days isn't just for hobby joggers. I know I've had mine. lol

Good night! <3

DavePNW

As for me, I attended a Q&A with Meb Keflezighi today. Dude was totally down to earth, relatable and engaging, and funny as hell. He talked about his 2009 NYC victory and what it meant to him. He also spoke on how Nike dropped him, which I did not know. He spoke on running a 9:58 mile during the worst race of his life, and how that experience inspired another runner who was struggling during the event and they ended up crossing the finish line holding hands.

What I took from it is that in running, regardless of the level you're at, there are good days and there are bad days. They all make up the sum of the parts and having stories to tell about rough days isn't just for hobby joggers. I know I've had mine. lol

Good night! <3

This is cool. A lot of the same stuff I heard from Ryan Hall - the experiences of elites have a lot more in common with us that you might imagine.

And don’t read this, go to sleep! And conquer the Big Apple in the morning!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LRB, I got the gist of those thoughts on his 26 marathons book.  He sounds like an awesome guy!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Friends and I went to Painting with a Twist tonight.  My finished artwork.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)