Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #142 (Read 28 times)

GinnyinPA

I ran 8.2 with 5 at LT pace.

RunningOnSand

Hi there. You guys remind me that I still need to figure out how to calibrate my TM. Supposedly the incline is auto calibrated.

I have a RD from walking/running, so I am doing my rehab stuff, plus lower body weights. I may do a quick upper body weight sesh, too. But probably not. I'm sleeeeepy today.

KCRuns

What's the full model? I can try and see. Not all TMs have auto calibration and mine has but it's not on the manual either. You can also try calling the company and ask.

Nordictrack C960i.

I found this link, but it looks old, so I'm not sure:  https://www.nordictrackfitness.com.au/support/incline-trainers/SpeedCalibration2

Cyberic

I ran 8.2 with 5 at LT pace.

Nice!

LRB

onemile

8 miles with Mona

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi there. You guys remind me that I still need to figure out how to calibrate my TM. Supposedly the incline is auto calibrated.

I have a RD from walking/running, so I am doing my rehab stuff, plus lower body weights. I may do a quick upper body weight sesh, too. But probably not. I'm sleeeeepy today.

Mine calibrates speed, distance and incline in one.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nordictrack C960i.

I found this link, but it looks old, so I'm not sure:  https://www.nordictrackfitness.com.au/support/incline-trainers/SpeedCalibration2

This one sounds complicated. I found this on another site but it's a general set of instructions for Nordictracks. It's similar to my procedure:

<header>

How Do You Recalibrate A Nordic Track (ICON) Treadmill?

Posted by TreadmillPartsZone.com on 15th Feb 2014

</header>

Tech Tip; Please make sure you recalibrate your treadmill after installing ANY motor controller, motor or console. You can NOT over calibrate your treadmill. You want to make sure you adjust your pedometer for the correct operating speed and incline adjustment. Don't know how to calibrate? It's in your owner’s manual. Or read it here. Plug in your treadmill, do not stand on the walking belt. Hold down the "Stop" and "Speed +" key and insert the safety key or magnet, let go of the two keys. Now press "Stop" key once. This puts you into the level 2 of calibration. Press the "Speed +" key slowly until you see 85 on the console, (at this point the display is going to show the percentage of motor usage and also the actual walking belt speed) at 85% motor usage your top speed should be between 10 and 10.5 MPH or (of 12 and 12.5) depending on the treadmill. You must know your treadmills top speed. (Important the motor may be damaged if you set the maximum speed higher than the maximum speed that your treadmill is made for). If the speed is higher than 10.5 or 12.5 then you need to turn the potentiometer down to the correct level. If the speed it to low you need to turn the potentiometer higher. Once the speed is correct you are done calibrating the speed. Press the (-) speed key to lower the percentage to (0). Next press the incline (+) button, this will make the incline motor go all the way to the maximum incline and come all the way down to the level position. Then remove the safety key and the treadmill will reset into the normal manual mode, when you re-insert the safety key.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had a Microsoft Teams meeting happy hour with the girls at the office so I only had time for 6.50 on the TM so that's what I did.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training earlier today and 6 miles this afternoon.

onemile

I had a Microsoft Teams meeting happy hour with the girls at the office so I only had time for 6.50 on the TM so that's what I did.

I skipped my Microsoft teams happy hour today with my boss, her boss, another manager and 2 coworkers because FTS.

Cyberic

I skipped my Microsoft teams happy hour today with my boss, her boss, another manager and 2 coworkers because FTS.

I keep saying to people that in a real happy hour there is not only one conversation at a time. Teams and Zoom are fine for some things, but not  happy hour, unless there's like 4-5 people or less

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ours had none of the bosses so it was fun. It was mostly the paralegals and the two female attorneys. Only 6 girls. Apparently while I made myself a drink, Bugsy showed them his ass.

Damaris

onemile

Ours had none of the bosses so it was fun. It was mostly the paralegals and the two female attorneys. Only 6 girls. Apparently while I made myself a drink, Bugsy showed them his ass.

Yeah if it were with my work friends that's different

LRB

I haven't done a Microsoft meeting but during the Zoom meeting I had two weeks ago, my boss didn't join immediately but somehow listened in instead while we were chumming it up and complaining about work shit for 22 fucking minutes. Worse yet he actually told us that he did it. Ever since then I've been referring to him as The Slimeball. That was some lowdown dirty shit right there.